Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:42 PM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

Those protesters are an absolute disgrace.
Their behavior is totally disgusting.
My wife has gone so far as to say she is now she is ashamed to be a scouser.
These public displays of grief/outrage/ support/ sh!t stirring
only demean the cause they purport to champion.
I cannot say how much I despise the rabble that are endangering innocent lives.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:46 PM

I wonder are the parents regular Chuch goers, the Dad is religious now kissing the Popes hand, but did he go to church on a Sunday before this, or is he just using them to get the money for his fight.
Bit like those who go to Church a few times 'cos they want to get married in white. But stop going after the wedding.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 07:22 PM

I am afraid that many of the protesters are being driven by emotion rather than common sense, and it doesn't help when the Pope's name is being used to continue this process!
It must be a living hell for the child and all that is happening, is that hell is just being extended.

I don't have children but I have had many beloved pets that became ill. I didn't want them to die, but I had to put their quality of life ahead of my own emotions, so I held them in my arms while the injection did it's job and never shed a tear until they were no longer suffering.

I understand that the family of Alfie are suffering but I can't understand why they are prepared to let him continue suffering and fly him to Italy where he will just suffer in another hospital.

It seems that he wouldn't last long, once the machine is switched off, so wouldn't it be kinder to to let him die in the surroundings he has become used to..... because the experts believe there is no chance of recovery.

If the protesters really believe in god, wouldn't they be more useful praying that he can rest in peace without the awful circumstances he has to live with?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
One can understand how the parents feel, but at some stage they have to let go. I do wonder that by now if they are relishing in the publicity and possibly financial gain.

Everyone loose someone they love during a lifetime be it early or late in life, unfortunately these parents are thinking more of themselves and being selfish
My thoughts too, REAL, they are being so self centred
And actually not putting the interests of the child first. Perhaps it is their 15 mins of fame.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:28 PM

TBH I can't find enough words to say how shocking and tragic the whole thing is, in so many ways and on so many levels.

These protesters - I truly can't believe how anyone can behave in this way and not be mindful of the other poor wee souls in the hospital and what their families might be facing behind those doors. They don't need to fight or fear their way through these protesters to see their sick children.

It's just appalling.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:45 PM

To true Twinks we wouldnt let our animals suffer like this,its heartbreaking to let them go but we do this rather than let them suffer. If the Alfie had to pay for all this treatment I wonder if they would still do it
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
,its heartbreaking to let them go but we do this rather than let them suffer.
They'tr reporting this morning that, his life support machinery has been switched off. Overnight he's only been given oxygen and water. Must be only a matter of time now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43876559
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
They'tr reporting this morning that, his life support machinery has been switched off. Overnight he's only been given oxygen and water. Must be only a matter of time now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43876559
The sooner the better, poor little fellow.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Those protesters are an absolute disgrace.
Their behavior is totally disgusting.
My wife has gone so far as to say she is now she is ashamed to be a scouser.
These public displays of grief/outrage/ support/ sh!t stirring
only demean the cause they purport to champion.
I cannot say how much I despise the rabble that are endangering innocent lives.
This is the problem that arises when people have too much time on their hands I must assume they don't have jobs to go too.
This will be an increasing occurrence in out country.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 02:50 PM

VERY SAD ISSUE '''
if he could speak he would say let me go ' so very cruel to keep the machine going on him 'heartbreaking yes indeed ' but dont let this little man suffer anymore - god rest his soul until he gets reborn again to be perfect ...................

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top