Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 08:18 PM

Cant Win

A week last Friday I was discharged from Hospital and given a weeks supply of medication,I assumed the Hospital would let my GP know so follow up of medication could be given, but today [Monday ] as I had run out of tablets and not heard anything I contacted my local pharmacy ,which deals with my meds,they asked me to take my discharge letter to them, which I did,with a list of meds. ,the pharmacy said they hadnt heard from the Hospital ,so rang my G.P but apparently they hadnt heard from the Hospital either,It is fortunate that I am able to check and query these things,suppose I was some poor person who didnt know what to do ?????The pharmacy checked withy my G.P and gave me a weeks supply of new meds.promising to send more at the end of the week. I had already taken my morning pills from a previous supply I had before I went to Hospital but the pharmacist said I shouldnt have done so as they are different to my new ones.Cant win
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:25 AM

Re: Cant Win

Lack of communication is rife I'm afraid, my husband had a similar difficulty on release from hospital, they didn't even tell the GP surgery he was out so when I asked for a district nurse they were already fully booked. He hadn't been put on the list.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Deylon these days I assume no one knows anything in the NHS and inform them myself .

Last year I received a diagnosed of a health condition by letter from a consultant and told which medication I should be taking as a matter of urgency.
I went to the GP to get a prescription for the medication but they had received neither confirmation of the diagnosis or advice on medication.
Luckily I had taken the letter from the consultant with me so was able to get the medication.

The NHS has become such a large and complicated organisation, those of us who can really do need to take responsibility for monitoring our treatment.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lack of communication is rife I'm afraid
Very true.

Quite some time ago the news media were telling us how much the NHS had invested in the latest computer system.

I must have misunderstood. I thought that would mean our personal medical records would be stored centrally and be available to any hospital or practice we visit, supposedly anywhere in the country.

That would have been a very useful provision.

Unfortunately, when I attend the MREH (eye hospital) the records they possess (and have access to) are their own group's only. My records at other hospitals I have visited are not available to the MREH.

Also, the only records (other than their own) held by my GP practice are letters sent by post from the hospital(s).

Perhaps some would call that 'progress'!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:03 PM

I'm quite impressed with how quickly my notes are uploaded to my file and are available for different professionals (ambulance men, GP, consultant etc.) to see. I think the NHS is in better shape in Scotland, though.

When I get a discharge letter I always take it straight to my GP. I'm sorry that your meds weren't available straight away.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm quite impressed with how quickly my notes are uploaded to my file and are available for different professionals (ambulance men, GP, consultant etc.) to see. I think the NHS is in better shape in Scotland, though.
That doesn't surprise me!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:05 PM

My G,P wansnt informed that I was home from Hospital either
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:10 PM

Isn't that the point of a discharge letter? you hand it to your GP personally.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:59 PM

If you have just left hospital and aren't easily able to get to the surgery then it's a bit of a challenge. The hospital should tell the GP.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

23-04-2018, 08:38 PM

Theyve messed my Medication up again,I was told that this week my prescrition would be back to normal,I rang this morning to check if it would be delivered and was told they would be today,But by 6pm they hadnt come so I rang again, to be told that they were delivered last Thursday, No I said my last delivery was last Monday,so the pharmacist said she would look into it and ring back, she did ring back to say she is contacting my GP for a new prescription and it will be delivered ASAP TOMORROW morning,as I am out of my meds I will have to go without my morning ones,I managed to root around and found some spares so I will only be short of some,2 are my water pills / 2 are for my stomach, these I can do without,I think there is only 1 pill I should have which I dont have,but nothing I can do.Im not happy and considering changing my pharmacy,I only went there last year because its my nearest and they deliver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top