Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:00 PM

Re: It takes all sorts

I’ll wait patiently for the official announcement, whenever it may be!

Silly sausages, is all I can say. No, I wouldn’t camp out for anything. Used to get to queues early to gain entry to a tv recording, but only by a few hours.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They say it takes allsorts, and it is seems true.

Take these people for example - there are some folks camping outside St. Mary's Hospital in London, all draped in Union Jack's , hoping the next royal baby (Kate's) will be born today as it is the Queen's birthday.
Bookies are even offering odds of 8/1 that it will be delivered today.

But camping out?? Why?
How is that going to help anything? I think they are more than a little weird, personally.
What amused me even more is that Kate is happily at home, she's not even in labour, so she's not even at the hospital!

It is like those who camp out for sales in shops etc, too.

Has anyone here ever camped out for an event?
Hell yes...camped out hundreds of times, in forests in Germany waiting for WW3 to start...I think I must have spent more time waiting than ever doing anything ...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Daughter & I camped out in a field to be near the front of a queue for the big Wade fest at Arundel, the first year it was held, in those days my daughter & I were passionate about collecting Wade ceramic animals & figures.
(We still have most as well, a cabinet full in my living room.)
Any way.... I was dying for a wee, no suitable bush & the public toilets some way away were closed. The lovely couple in front of us let me use their portable loo. A great relief & many thanks to that couple.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:11 PM

it's hard to believe anyone would want to do that? Strange sods. My goodness, have they nothing better to do with their lives. It's just beyond me why they would do that. Hmmmm takes all sorts to make a world I guess.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I never bumped into Helen Mirren, but I'm sure I saw her performing naked in a role, but I can't remember the name of the play .....

Regarding the actors, it seems to me that almost all of the Shakespearean actors of that generation eventually became famous, probably because the burgeoning TV industry catapaulted them into people's living rooms - almost all of the then new BBC2 audience (8 million) tuned in to watch Soames rape Irene in black and white .....

I met Nyree Dawn Porter, much later and in colour, while shopping on Oxford Street - she was stunningly gorgeous to a callow youth like me and I was lost for words - luckily, I think she was used to wide-eyed, gaping men and she indulged me with several minutes of touching pleasantries .....

Aye, the delectable Nyree Dawn Porter - the fancy of many a callow youth (me included) back in the day. Used to enjoy The Liars TV show back in the sixties in which she was one of the stars along with the other desirable woman of the time Isla Blair.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:41 PM

I haven't camped out since I was a teenager and certainly wouldn't camp out for the Royal baby.

Funnily enough I was just reading about the Loonies who camp out at The Toll Puddle Martyrs festival every year. Why would anyone do that?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I haven't camped out since I was a teenager and certainly wouldn't camp out for the Royal baby.

Funnily enough I was just reading about the Loonies who camp out at The Toll Puddle Martyrs festival every year. Why would anyone do that?
What the hell is a Toll Puddle Martyr? Not another loony religious sect surely?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:54 PM

We did queue up half the night to sign Diana's book of condolences back in '97. Not camping but that's the closest I've been.

Are you sure it's not the press camping?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
What the hell is a Toll Puddle Martyr? Not another loony religious sect surely?
Not really sure, some lefty thing I think.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

21-04-2018, 10:08 PM

Your kidding me right? Jeremy dressed as the Messiah and Diane as the Virgin..that’s really weird...anyone have any idea what’s it all about?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top