Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 08:07 PM

Re: Annoying noises

The usual noises that everyone has mentioned, but the one that irritates me beyond anything else are the car door slammers around here in my little cul-de-sac.

If they get stuff out of the car it's open door get stuff out, slam it shut. Come back, open door get more stuff out, slam it shut.... and repeat ... and it goes on. Why not leave the bloody doors open! It's a cul-de-sac we're in not on a main road where passers by can nick anything

Oh and another one, the dog barkers and the owners who ignore them
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tinnitus!
I suffer with the darn thing, and waiting for a hospital appointment in two weeks..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:59 PM

Our neighbours are loud they don't talk they shout! And their grand kids run around screaming .. Also bus engines droning at the bus stop over the road when stood still.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
The usual noises that everyone has mentioned, but the one that irritates me beyond anything else are the car door slammers around here in my little cul-de-sac.

If they get stuff out of the car it's open door get stuff out, slam it shut. Come back, open door get more stuff out, slam it shut.... and repeat ... and it goes on. Why not leave the bloody doors open! It's a cul-de-sac we're in not on a main road where passers by can nick anything
Oh and another one, the dog barkers and the owners who ignore them
Yes, why is that? That drives me crazy too. Sometimes it sounds like the car has ten doors.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Yobs who come along in the early hours purposely trying to wake people up by shouting. They then go home to bed and lie in till noon because they don't work.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Yes tinnitus is very annoying, I have had for over 30 years and it has got worse in the last 15 years or so. I can hear it over the sound of traffic when I am driving.
How awful for you. I get it sometimes in one ear at night but it's very muted.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

23-04-2018, 09:24 AM

The deaf Neighbour at the other side of us who doesn't wear an hearing aid who has his TV on loud in the early hours of the morning.... Grrr
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

23-04-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Yes tinnitus is very annoying, I have had for over 30 years and it has got worse in the last 15 years or so. I can hear it over the sound of traffic when I am driving.
Go to the hospital they can give you an aid to tone the noise down. I have an a hospital appointment for one fitting in a few weeks.. I've had it for about 15 years now and it's getting worse but i just put up with it.. I hope the aid works when i get it fitted.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Go to the hospital they can give you an aid to tone the noise down. I have an a hospital appointment for one fitting in a few weeks.. I've had it for about 15 years now and it's getting worse but i just put up with it.. I hope the aid works when i get it fitted.
I have been to the hospital, nothing they suggested would work for me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 12:04 PM

My house is on a main road , a relief road runs 500 yards away on the other side , I've lived here 14 yrs and the traffic noise is awful especially if it's wet . But at night ive trained myself to think of it as waves , and that's what it sounds like now . But during the daytime with windows open it's still cars and lorries

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top