Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Re: Why do people ...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What was worse, years ago, was when people were allowed to smoke in theatres and cinemas. That coupled with noisy sweet wrappers and talking, ruined what should have been an enjoyable evening out.
Have to admit I would have hated that !! Can't stand the smell of cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:19 PM

I am so glad smoking is now banned in enclosed public places.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:20 PM

I always have sweets in my bag at the theatre or cinema, but rarely eat them..... they are only there in case my blood sugars dip.

What I don't understand is why people buy theatre tickets if they are just going to sit there eating and nattering?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:25 PM

It is one of my pet hates when people talk in the cinema or theatre. I get so annoyed. It shows a complete lack of respect to others. People speaking on their mobiles too.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:27 PM

My theory is that they are so used to chatting while watching TV at home that they forget that other people are now also watching.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:29 PM

We never talk whilst watching TV at home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
My theory is that they are so used to chatting while watching TV at home that they forget that other people are now also watching.
Also, I don't think they realise how much their voices carry when they are sitting behind someone else.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 01:07 PM

This is why I like to go to the cinema during the day. We tend to go on half price Tuesday's and the films we would be watching would be on the smaller screens and the audience would normally be older folk like ourselves and know how to behave

Different when we go to see the latest blockbuster, bunged with people eating and talking and on their phones.. Teens throwing stuff at each other in different rows, feet up on the back of seats.

If I'm paying to see a film I want to enjoy it, not put up with that sort of behaviour. And it's not just kids of today, I remember it happening when I was a teen as well
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 02:49 PM

If you ask politely and are ignored then complain demanding a refund from management is last resort but works. Bad online reviews are not good.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 03:30 PM

WE ARE SO AMERICANISED it seems ----------
every where we sit we eat lol..stop the food eating in theatre
wait till half time ... shame they didnt eat before hand ,dont mind people getting tucked in with a film doesn't bother me '
had the odd popcorn tub myself ,,but theatre is a no no !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top