Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: Why do people ...

Hecklers are annoying, went to a comedy night and the comedian, although not well known, sorted the nonsense out pretty damn quickly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 04:38 PM

I love popcorn but it always smells really funny in the cinema.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 05:12 PM

Why do people collectively 'Shhh' when lights go down in cinema.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
... have to talk and eat in the theatre during the performance ?

I went to a matinee performance of 'The Importance of Being Ernest' last week - one of my favourite Oscar Wilde's - so was really looking forward to it.

The minute the lights went down, the five old dears in the row behind me started - chat, chat, chat - about Coronation Street. I turned and gave them my very best Paddington Bear 'Hard Look' - which worked for a while - then off they went again. This time accompanied by rustling - and munching - of crisps, licorice toffees and Werther's !
See - I even had to have the descriptions and the debate over who ate which - the crisps were 2 x Cheese/Onion, 1 x plain, 2 x Smokey bacon !

A second 'Hard Look' and a 'shhh' had no effect what so ever.

At the end of the performance I thanked them, politely, for spoiling it for me - which rendered them speechless - at last!

Hang it all - it was only two and half hours including intervals - surely the human body can do without food for that long and shouldn't good manners have stopped the chit chat ?
This is exactly why I never patronise the kinema.

Far more civilised to wait for the film to come on the telly and watch it at home.

Cheaper too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 05:47 PM

Always makes me laugh when someone well known from tv appears in a film. Everyone whispers 'Oooh, that's that fella out of ....'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 05:56 PM

I always fall asleep in the cinema, it must be so relaxing that l just drop off.

I think l snore too?!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 06:28 PM

I would have been right cross ST. No one had better spoil my theatre show Jersey Boys at end of May or I'll knock 'em art

Seriously that, that is just so rude, why didn't they just go to a coffee shop if all they wanted to was chat. Selfish buggars
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We never talk whilst watching TV at home.
Each to their own, but I would never have a TV in my house.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Each to their own, but I would never have a TV in my house.
Oooooo wouldn't want to be without my TV
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree it's the same in the cinema
People come in laden with junk food .
And them yakking
Why didn't they just stay at home ?
Same on short flights
Why do people have to stuff their faces ?
Can't they read a book like wot I does?
I experience this - that's why when I do go do the matinees in the day and so less people in.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top