Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:29 AM

Re: Has anyone had any issues with online grocery shopping?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
With Tesco you tick the box if you want substitutions - I left mine unticked.
So did my DIL, it didn't stop Tescos doing a spot of creative selling though.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:33 AM

I've used Tesco and the £2 holding fee on your credit card is removed four or five days after the delivery. You're right about the cost of fruit and veg, if you order by item the price will vary a little.

I much prefer Sainsbury's to Tesco and I've never had any problems with Sainsburys and I always opt for no substitutions. Sainsbury's delivery slots are cheaper than Tesco although I've bought a Sainsbury's anytime delivery pass which suits me much better.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
So did my DIL, it didn't stop Tescos doing a spot of creative selling though.
Surely they can't do that? And isn't the price of your order the final price they charge, adjusted slightly for the weight of fruit and veg?

I'm a bit nervous as it's the first time I've done this. It's not like buying 1 item from Amazon or Argos which is simple enough. I don't want to be robbed by missing items or items I didn't order.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:52 AM

They take the money off if they can't fulfil any items, but you have to phone the customer service line sometimes.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have done online grocery shopping here in the US, Ffosse, and have found that if you don't mind the substitutions, the flexibility of having someone else choose your produce, and an occasional error, it can be a lifesaver when getting out of the house is all but impossible.

I so hope you can get out and about soon. Let us know or you do with your shopping.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the milkman and vegetable man still come by? When I was in Costa Rica a man would come around with a truck of vegetables, fruit and heavenly bread. That was a very, very bad thing for my figure!
We still have a grocery van and meat van call around here

A lot of people around here are old, too old to drive, and we are very remote so the grocery van is a life line to many

No milkman though
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:21 AM

I prefer to go in person to the supermarket to buy my groceries, although I buy a lot of other stuff on-line.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 12:39 PM

I’ve never done my weekly shop on line but have ordered goods on special offer, such as coffee, in bulk from Tesco and Sainsbury’s without problem.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 12:50 PM

I’ve often wanted, or needed, an online grocery shop but can not justify the minimum spend, so have done without. I know they must have their own reasons for this but for people like myself, who don’t even spend much when visiting a supermarket, can’t they consider us a bit more?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 03:31 PM

I'm similar - it's hard to justify £40 as the minimum spend, but I'll simply shop less often. A fair bit of my order is household goods such as washing capsules, soaps and a razor.

They just phoned me to say that they're going to be 15 minutes early.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 03:51 PM

I didn't realise there was a minimum spend on on-line grocery shopping, but as my bill comes to considerably more than £40 each week, that wouldn't be a problem.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top