Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:49 PM

Re: What will she wear

I thought Diana's wedding dress was awful - even without the creases it would have been awful..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I thought Diana's wedding dress was awful - even without the creases it would have been awful..
I thought is was awful too Carol , very inelegantly and unflattering.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 06:35 AM

I must say I'm with Ms Greer on this one. I have a bad feeling about MM and the success of their marriage long term. As for the dress, well she's slim and young and attractive so could get away with pretty much anything, I just hope it's ironed and doesn't look like she's slept in it, like Diana's dress did.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
She was young with no mum to advise her, she wanted to look like a fairy princess but it didn't work. She certainly made up for it later though when she developed her own style
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:16 AM

Agreed but then everything about that woman was awful, imo.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It was a fairy tale dress for what was popularly regarded at the time as a fairy tale marriage.
I loved it because it was an exact replica (to my mind) of my Ladybird Cinderella wedding dress.
I'll post a picture later so you can see what I mean.

Can we please please try not to let this thread descend into the usual Diana-bashing rubbish?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It was a fairy tale dress for what was popularly regarded at the time as a fairy tale marriage.
I loved it because it was an exact replica (to my mind) of my Ladybird Cinderella wedding dress.
I'll post a picture later so you can see what I mean.

Can we please please try not to let this thread descend into the usual Diana-bashing rubbish?
Hi ruthio...I was beginning to think I was daffy but you've restored my faith in my own opinion.

Diana's wedding dress was indeed a fairy tale gown...just as she thought her marriage would be.

I so look forward to seeing your Cinderella wedding dress when posted.

In the meantime I'll post a photo of mine...which was a beautiful ball gown. In this picture my flower girl and I are both wearing garters...

Attached Images

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Fairytale dress...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180425_163449.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	5799  
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Fairytale dress...
OMGoodness ruthio...it certainly is a Cinderella wedding dress and thank you so much for posting the picture.

I apologize that my thumbnail photo cannot be enlarged...

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top