Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:13 AM

Re: food poverty in children in this day and age.

If we can spend £9 billion on the Olympics, we should be able to find money for the poor.
Plus we can give money to the rich with their new tax relief, plus all the billions we give in foreign aid, it doesn't seem right that we should let people go without food.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
If we can spend £9 billion on the Olympics, we should be able to find money for the poor.
Plus we can give money to the rich with their new tax relief, plus all the billions we give in foreign aid, it doesn't seem right that we should let people go without food.
Most of that I fully agree with except for the bit about food. Parents are given enough to feed their kids.

The problem is that some don't.

The solution isn't to provide more other than in an emergency feed, the solution is to fix the problem by seperating the kids from the parents to where they will be provided with food and probably a very much better upbringing.

The parents who would rather "drug-out" or booze with the money they get from the tax payers?

Their choice. Leave 'em to it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
The axis of the act is based on the definition of poverty, a household income that is 60% or below the median.

The act comprises of mostly enabling legislation rather than direct statutes and provides a means of ensuring that kids are not left in households with a net income below "Poverty" level.

When it comes to REAL poverty there is none within GB.
Your response is evasive and my question still remains unanswered Erinaceous !!!!!!
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Your response is evasive and my question still remains unanswered Erinaceous !!!!!!
I replied to the qustion as I read it. Maybe you might reword the question?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Most of that I fully agree with except for the bit about food. Parents are given enough to feed their kids.

The solution isn't to provide more other than in an emergency feed, the solution is to fix the problem by seperating the kids from the parents to where they will be provided with food and probably a very much better upbringing.

The parents who would rather "drug-out" or booze with the money they get from the tax payers?

Record numbers of children ARE already being taken into care Erinaceous and so for various reasons increased numbers of children ARE being separated from their parents.

http://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/...ken-into-care/
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Erinaceous
If there is no child poverty in the UK tell me why the following Act was passed:-

In March 2010 the Child Poverty Act was passed, legally binding the government to a commitment to eradicate child poverty in Britain by 2020. For the first time ever, government and local authorities have been set targets to end childhood poverty for good.

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...ldpoverty.html
I will repeat my question. This was my question Erinaceous - I don't see how I can make it much clearer but I'm in a patient mood, so I will try - If there is no child poverty in this country then surely there is no need for the child poverty act - so why is there an act in place which has been accepted as being necessary by both Labour and Conservative sides of The House.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Most of that I fully agree with except for the bit about food. Parents are given enough to feed their kids

Thats just it they are Not given enough to feed their kids. You mentioned in your previous post that they get £70 but that has to pay all their bills too and buy the children and family clothes and shoes, buy the washing powder to wash those clothes, soap, toothpaste, pay for public transport to go and sign on and to look for jobs and go to interviews.
I would like to see you do all that with 2 kids on £70.
Yes there are the minority who take drugs and get drunk but they are the dishonest ones who are also getting money from ill gotton gain.
The honest ones who want to work are not managing at all.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 11:59 AM

Not in my case. It's based on the simple principle that if you can't feed them then don't breed them.

Add to that if you can support yourself in any way then you should to the greatest extent of your ability, and if you can't support yourself in any way then you have a right to expect others to support you with the essentials of life and nothing more.
But there are no simple principles, or for that matter solutions when it comes to people.

The extreme right wing views that you hold will never, ever come to fruition in this country. Too many people fought and died so that a little man, with a huge ego and maniacal ideas could not do what you are proposing.

There has and always will be people who will ensure that we have a free society who are willing to look after the more unfortunate among us.
You should feel lucky that you live in a democratic country were you are allowed to air your views, no matter how silly.
Erinaceous
East Anglia

16-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Record numbers of children ARE already being taken into care Erinaceous and so for various reasons increased numbers of children ARE being separated from their parents.

http://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/...ken-into-care/
In a word - good. Looking around some of the sink areas of Norwich such as the awful areas within the Mile Cross, Catton and Fiddlewood area nowhere near enough though.
Erinaceous
East Anglia

16-09-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
Thats just it they are Not given enough to feed their kids. You mentioned in your previous post that they get £70 but that has to pay all their bills too and buy the children and family clothes and shoes, buy the washing powder to wash those clothes, soap, toothpaste, pay for public transport to go and sign on and to look for jobs and go to interviews.
I would like to see you do all that with 2 kids on £70.
Yes there are the minority who take drugs and get drunk but they are the dishonest ones who are also getting money from ill gotton gain.
The honest ones who want to work are not managing at all.
Do please read what I wrote. A family will get a whole lot more than£70 / week to cover their costs, as well as all sorts of discounts on council tax etc.

Come what may net incoimes will and must fall in real terms, the country simply can't afford to sustaion the living standards that people have become accustomed to.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top