Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Council house crackdown

I watch this every morning, but get quite angy when seeing the success story at the end. It is almost always a young single mum! Or a young couple with a baby. And these people have been 'living with Mum in crowded situations'.

Do these girls get pregnant deliberately? Have they not heard of contraception? Admittedly my own younger sister started her family this way, over 40 years ago. But it still makes me cross. Usually the father is not on the scene. I'd rather the places went to a different kind of tenant. Older, living on their own. Widowed, perhaps, and bringing up children on their own. Less able bodied. Homeless.

Rant over.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Re: Council house crackdown

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I watch this every morning, but get quite angy when seeing the success story at the end. It is almost always a young single mum! Or a young couple with a baby. And these people have been 'living with Mum in crowded situations'.

Do these girls get pregnant deliberately? Have they not heard of contraception? Admittedly my own younger sister started her family this way, over 40 years ago. But it still makes me cross. Usually the father is not on the scene. I'd rather the places went to a different kind of tenant. Older, living on their own. Widowed, perhaps, and bringing up children on their own. Less able bodied. Homeless.

Rant over.
I am afraid that many girls do get pregnant deliberately, I have met quite a few! Very often they are naive young girls who believe that, if they get pregnant, they can get a house , the father will marry them and they can live happily ever after.
We all know they are living in fairy land, but council estates are full if unmarried mothers like these! Back in the 50's and 60's many of these girls had to give up their babies... so less took the risk! These days, nobody would want to see a baby homeless, so people with children get preference.... that is why it is so difficult for others to get social housing.
There are also a lot of people, with foreign names, that get this accommodation & then move out and rent it to other people at a higher rent.. so they can make money. It is illegal, but the fraudsters are smart and a lot of them don't get caught for years! Very few go to prison they just get fined, because it is more expensive keeping them in prison!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am afraid that many girls do get pregnant deliberately, I have met quite a few! Very often they are naive young girls who believe that, if they get pregnant, they can get a house , the father will marry them and they can live happily ever after.
We all know they are living in fairy land, but council estates are full if unmarried mothers like these! Back in the 50's and 60's many of these girls had to give up their babies... so less took the risk! These days, nobody would want to see a baby homeless, so people with children get preference.... that is why it is so difficult for others to get social housing.
There are also a lot of people, with foreign names, that get this accommodation & then move out and rent it to other people at a higher rent.. so they can make money. It is illegal, but the fraudsters are smart and a lot of them don't get caught for years! Very few go to prison they just get fined, because it is more expensive keeping them in prison!
Exactly. There is the answer.

It seems that having a baby or three has become a career choice for many young 'ladies'.

Why work for money and a house when you can receive these free of charge?

Yes, you will have to work; you will have to look after and feed your children but, apparently, women like looking after children!

You won't become rich, of course, and when your children have grown up most of the money will dry up. You could have more children, of course, but eventually your body will be incapable of doing that.

The thing is, of course, that the sort of women who make this career choice cannot see that far ahead!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 01:48 PM

I guess Tasha would have come into that category, so I'd just say unless I knew why the woman was pregnant I'd hold back judging the situation. I'm not saying they were all raped but many young ladies believe a baby will stabilise a relationship, I've seen many married have a baby trying to hold their relationship together sadly rarely works.

I can't imagine the tv show would show less shocking couples or singles, that wouldn't make us hate anyone. These shows are often carefully crafted to cause us to hated people the benefits shows have done their bit towards that and of course single mums have always been the target too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Why should people who are sexually continent have to pay through their taxes in order to raise the offspring of the incontinent .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:23 PM

It's not about indiscriminate sex it's about allowing a pregnancy to begin, plenty of ways not to do that these days.

But IMO even really educated people do this the baby to save a relationship thing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:27 PM

I dont know one.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I guess Tasha would have come into that category, so I'd just say unless I knew why the woman was pregnant I'd hold back judging the situation. I'm not saying they were all raped but many young ladies believe a baby will stabilise a relationship, I've seen many married have a baby trying to hold their relationship together sadly rarely works.

I can't imagine the tv show would show less shocking couples or singles, that wouldn't make us hate anyone. These shows are often carefully crafted to cause us to hated people the benefits shows have done their bit towards that and of course single mums have always been the target too.
Julie the highlighted section just demonstrates my point! Very few are raped and, if the relationship isn't stable, no baby should be born to make it so! The baby would have a very difficult life, often with no father, and there is no excuse for it because contraceptives are readily available, in many forms.
I know a young woman who deliberately got pregnant to a boy at 16... needless to say the relationship failed but she was given a council house for her and the child. Then she moved a new boyfriend in, had a baby with him and is currently having another one. Throughout 10 years the mother and both boyfriends haven't worked....although the first boyfriend had now realized he is and adult, got a job and is paying toward the keep of his daughter!
It is time girls had more respect for themselves and weren't so desperate to produce babies they cannot provide for!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-09-2017, 02:29 PM

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen though does it. Thankfully I haven't any in my friends circle either but I still see it happen.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2017, 02:29 PM

It is time girls had more respect for themselves and weren't so desperate to produce babies they cannot provide for!

Why bother when the state will provide?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top