Join for free
Page 74 of 370 « First < 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by mart ->
No exercise done for pure exercise/recreational purposes but yesterday was a 5½ brisk walk to and from the hospital. Today will be a 4 mile one to and from the town shops.
I suppose if they don't catch you and you get to make the return trip, it's a success!

Off to surf and then undo a week's workouts with the fare for a the opening week of (American) college football.

Happy Saturday!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:31 AM

A cool crisp sunny Autumn morning as I stepped out onto the road early this morning, in fact, conditions were so good I couldn't stop myself from doing my long course of eleven miles. It was only on the last mile that I wished I hadn't been so blase' and stuck to my eight.........

It's all miles in the bank though, and I needed to show off my tanned legs. I bet I'm the same colour (color) as Surfermom now....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Well done on your run, Bob. If you're feeling up for it, why not push yourself that little harder. Perhaps you can knock three miles off next time instead?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well done on your run, Bob. If you're feeling up for it, why not push yourself that little harder. Perhaps you can knock three miles off next time instead?
Thanks Floydy, it's only supposed to be a six miler on Tuesday so I think I'll stick to that, but it's hard not to go further when I'm inspired by your workload...You do some very impressive workouts....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:55 AM

Well, OGF, after two weeks in the Channel Islands, I expect you had all the neighbo(u)rs envying not only your distance but those nicely tanned legs...moving by in a blur of speed.... Another eleven!

The humidity has been brutal, so after waging war with evil, lazy side of my head whispering, "Why don't you just find a cool, aqua swimming pool," I compromised with just five miles, promising myself a stand-up paddleboarding session in a nearby bayou this afternoon. While it started out as a bit of a bad call in the direct sun, the reward after a mile or so was a gorgeous forest of ancient river cedars and low-hanging Spanish moss. Cool, silent, primordial.

You gentlemen and your incredible workouts..along with some indulgent holiday dining...make me think I need to sit myself down and have a long talk with myself....and padlock the refrigerator.

Here is a photo of me after today's run:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Puddle.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	3882

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Here is a photo of me after today's run:

A rest day for me today, but I've been pondering over your photograph Surfermom and I can't make up my mind whether it's a reflection of the sky in a pool of your perspiration, a picture in the clouds of you laying prostrate face down on the ground or you have inadvertently fallen down a Gofer (rabbit?) hole looking up to the sky?.....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 11:10 AM

What a joy to read these posts.

The only exercise I have had for a couple of weeks is dancing all night at a few weddings! I tell you though, I can still bust some moves

Back to a light jog tomorrow I think.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-09-2017, 07:52 PM

Cedronella, hello! It sounds like a festive month for you, and yes, not only does wedding dancing count for exercise, it justifies a second piece of wedding cake .

I am new enough here that I did not know you were a runner, but I am quite happy to have the company. Good luck tomorrow...that first step is the most important one. Good luck!

Very observant, OGF! I do see the multiple ways in which that photo could be interpreted, so to your questions, I will simply answer, "Yes."

As this is Labor Day holiday, I was up early to run and do some step aerobics so as to earn a play day, pushing the responsibilites of astronomy, home, dogs, and daughter aside. Tomorrow is what is known as "Take Back the Island Day", as it is the end of the long and busy tourist season. Starting tomorrow the beaches, roads, and shops will go manageably quiet. Aaah, bliss.

Still there is something to be out in the mix, so my daughter and I are off to a charity art show and auction where...shhhh...I donated an oil painting for sale. It's a good cause - pulling stray dogs out of the local kill shelter, having them treated, socialized, fostered, and adopted. It will be an outdoor event seaside and under the stars - a good excuse to put away the running shoes for a minute in exchange for a proper dress and heels. Small talk and standing in high heels is exercise too, right, Cedronella?

Back to the long and winding road tomorrow.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-09-2017, 11:59 AM

It seemed unusually dark at six am this morning. I climbed out of bed and rushed to the window expecting to see puddles of water on the street, but surprisingly it was still dry. I performed my usual pre-run routine and opened the door to Maddie cat, who rushed in out of the rain...
The rain means that I had to re-think my running attire, so out came the waterproof top and hat. I hate running in wet weather stuff, you end up being just as wet anyway from all the sweating.

I splashed down the road with tired heavy legs, it was only going to be six miles anyway, so no matter how bad I felt I guessed I would manage six. The rain was only light, and by the time I left the village it had stopped altogether. It felt quite warm, and the slow pace I'd adopted was feeling very comfortable. Off came the hat, and with sleeves rolled up I was enjoying the peace of the countryside, my legs no longer felt tired, and breathing was slow and relaxed.

I don't know what made me do it, but at three miles I turned right at the junction and tackled the small rise. I had just turned a six mile run into an eight mile run. I was still feeling good but the rain had started to gently fall once more, I zipped up my jacket and recovered the hat from my pocket. Traffic was extremely light this morning with just the odd wave from a couple of farmers passing by in tractors on their way to collect recently formed bales of hay after the combine harvesters had stripped the fields of corn and barley.

With less than two miles to go the rain had increased to ridiculous, bouncing up off the ground and turning puddles into lakes that stretched across the road. It stung my legs as the breeze swirled it into my face and legs, shoes squelched along through rivers that formed in the gutters searching for a grid that hadn't been overwhelmed by the sudden downpour.

I finally reached the shelter of my house and although soaked to the skin, in a strange sort of way, I had enjoyed the challenge and felt refreshed and happy. Runners are not just for Christmas, or Sunny days, but even running in foul weather can produce enjoyment and satisfaction beyond belief, especially looking back from a hot shower.....
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

05-09-2017, 09:13 PM

Nice to see everyone's been busy!

On the mend, recovery time of course is taking a bit longer than I expected but not anyone else {my 21 year old brain thing} Waiting for results.

Beautiful late summer day so I managed a 1.5 km shuffle to the post office & back.

Thankful they have a bench there for "old folks"! LOL

Baby steps.

Page 74 of 370 « First < 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top