Join for free
Page 75 of 370 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 03:24 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Jiggs, very pleased to see you are here…and there! 1.5 is respectable considering your tests. How did it go? How are you? I hope the results are back quickly and can alleviate your concerns.

You painted a picture that was as vivid as being there, OGF. Only you can make a long run romantic! It seems I will be joining you in the wet and rainy jog department, inevitably affected by Irma, but likely not to get the full brunt (as currently forecasted) of her very bad disposition. A few gray, soaking miles is a compromise I will eagerly and humbly accept.

Today offered a sunny six that I eagerly devoured. I am starting to get a bit of a back twinge at the end of the day which is usually the first sign that it’s time to get new running shoes. Sure enough, a quick look at the soles revealed that my trainers had gone a bit farther than around the clock. The older I get, the more my shoes matter and they are the only thing I buy that I am finicky about - motion control, wider and a half size larger than my other shoes. Picky, picky.

As soon as I sign off I am going to do abs, pushups, and burpees while watching “La La Land." Multi-tasking and making amends to my body for the abuse it took with the very poor diet I had over the holiday weekend.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:48 AM

Very dark and pouring down with rain again this morning, fortunately it's a rest day so I can sit at the window and pull faces at the weather.....The bad news is:- I've hurt my neck and am having trouble turning my head so I've had to lay off of my daily Press ups (push ups) I think I might have been a bit over enthusiastic yesterday......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 03:30 PM

That's no good at all OGF. Sore muscles or locked up? Sounds like Mrs. OGF may have to give you a proper massage while you draw sad pictures on the windowpanes.

You are being a bit hard on that head and neck of yours these days. What did they ever do to you? :

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's no good at all OGF. Sore muscles or locked up? Sounds like Mrs. OGF may have to give you a proper massage while you draw sad pictures on the windowpanes.

You are being a bit hard on that head and neck of yours these days. What did they ever do to you? :

It's best not to encourage Mrs Fox she might get carried away Surfermom....

My stiff neck comes and goes, and it was present a long time before I fell in Guernsey. If it gets any worse I'll seek some professional help...

Meanwhile it's an eight miler in the morning.....Let's hope it's dry....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

07-09-2017, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's best not to encourage Mrs Fox she might get carried away Surfermom....

My stiff neck comes and goes, and it was present a long time before I fell in Guernsey. If it gets any worse I'll seek some professional help...

Meanwhile it's an eight miler in the morning.....Let's hope it's dry....
Well, yes, no doubt...runner's physique and all .

Nagging injuries are frustrating. We won't even mention the word "disc".

One of the most pleasurable feelings I ever had resulted soon after waking up with my neck so stiff I couldn't turn my head from side to side.

Walking to the car a bit like Frankenstein, I wedged myself painfully into the driver's seat and started to make my way to work. Merging onto the highway, at the last second, I thought I saw someone coming up next to me in my blind spot.

Without giving thought to my stiff neck, I snapped my head left, instantaneously feeling my neck crack in rapid fire, vertebra to vertebra, from the base of my skull to my lower back. I was instantly pain-free and loose as a goose . The surprise and sudden relief of was so satisfying...so pleasurable it was almost as good....

...as a massage .

Today was the first cool run I have had since April, feeling fleet-footed and anticipating the arrival of running new shoes in the mail tomorrow. No excuses now, I'll have to start picking up pace or distance.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 10:26 AM

I am loving the visuals on here.

Yesterday, after work we decided to go for a run before our evening meal. Poor Hubby flaked out though, he is on antibiotics for a gum infection. So I had tucked him into bed patted his head and read him a goodnight story until he fell asleep. I didn't really

But off I went for a run over the fields, feeling good when I bumped into my friend as she was walking her dog. I didn't stop after exchanging pleasantries but carried on running, well that is until she shouted "ooooo have you heard the latest".
Of course that was it, I back peddled and continued to walk the way with her as she gave me a most delicious piece of gossip. Well, who would have thought it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-09-2017, 11:07 AM

I'm glad you escaped the ravages of Erma, Surfermom, I can only imagine the ferociousness of such a storm and it's result. I too had a cool run this morning - It's beginning to feel a lot like Autumn - but not wet I hasten to add. I managed to shuffle around an eight miler that was quite pleasant until the last two miles when I had to 'dig in' a bit.....

Although I wasn't running to break any records, I was only half a minute shy of my best time on that course. Happy with that........ I was just a little concerned when after returning home I could not find a pulse or a blood Ox level on my 'Pulse Oxy Meter' Heart rate was all over the place and practically non-existent, but it did return to normal after about half an hour....I probably dug a bit too deep on the last two.....

I have noticed that it takes me longer to warm up and find 'the zone' these days, I remembered what my Coronary Nurse told me after my previous Heart Attack; It only takes about ten minutes for the muscles to fill with blood and be ready for action, but it will take twenty minutes for the Heart to reach running speed...And this is what I'm finding...

Sunday's long run of eleven miles is taking a heavy toll on me and it leaves me a gibbering wreck for the rest of the day. I noted that I am out on the road running for over 110 minutes, and when I consider that I used to run over sixteen miles in that time just a few years ago, I realise that it's getting too long for an old guy to be out running on a Sunday morning. So I shall make some adjustments to my weekly schedule.

I shall limit my three training runs to eight miles, and to keep my weekly mileage up, I shall add a three mile run on a Friday.....See how it goes....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I am loving the visuals on here.

Yesterday, after work we decided to go for a run before our evening meal. Poor Hubby flaked out though, he is on antibiotics for a gum infection. So I had tucked him into bed patted his head and read him a goodnight story until he fell asleep. I didn't really

But off I went for a run over the fields, feeling good when I bumped into my friend as she was walking her dog. I didn't stop after exchanging pleasantries but carried on running, well that is until she shouted "ooooo have you heard the latest".
Of course that was it, I back peddled and continued to walk the way with her as she gave me a most delicious piece of gossip. Well, who would have thought it.
Sometimes gossip is too good to miss Cedronella and I hope Mr Cedronella is feeling better soon.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

07-09-2017, 10:15 PM

Cedronella, how nice that you and your husband usually run together. I have always been a solitary runner and don't think I could keep pace with anyone else. I hope your OH's health improves so you'll both be out there again. How nice that you can run fields and even run across a friend from time-to-time... .

OldGreyFox, your times and distances continue to astound, but you are wise to be listening to your heart that seems to be in a bit of a bad mood. I think your idea to shift your distances around during the week is a great idea, and I am looking forward to hearing how that affects your feelings of well-being. It seems to me that splitting your long run into two long/short days might yield one more day per week of post-run benefits.

What fascinating insights from the coronary nurse.! I never knew about how time determined the heart's acclimation to the run, but I have noticed that generally, after about two miles...I finally have my wind and can settle into a long, easy pace. Thank you for that information.

I too had to cut back on distances (8-10 miles) when I realized that afterwards I was feeling overly tired rather than rejuvenated. As you know, my age bothers me not at all, but that self-competitive part of my brain is none too happy when I have to yield. Still, every single day I walk out that door, regardless of distance and speed, I am infinitely grateful for. I know you are too .

This is the first day since April that I will be able to run in conditions below 29.4 C....so I am doing a happy dance. Plus.....

I am delighted to report that early this morning, stork delivered a brand new bouncing pair of running shoes! A proud and happy mother am I! These mirror twins are none too pretty, but they will be hard little workers.

Lacing up and out into the bright, blue, breezy afternoon....

StevenMoore
New Member!
United States
StevenMoore is male 

08-09-2017, 10:47 AM

I take a walk for fitness

Page 75 of 370 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top