Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 12:24 PM

Who has a blog and what is it about?

I'm a serial blogger. The problem is that after about 10.000 views, I find I'm becoming repetitive, so I delete the blog and start another one, a few months later.

Who else has a blog and what is the subject?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Sowth uk
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Re: Who has a blog and what is it about?

Isn't it just the modern version of keeping a diary?

If you want to be bothered to read someone else's diary fine, I couldn't be bothered.

It's good to write down your thoughts, therapeutic even...
Aysa
Chatterbox
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 01:00 PM

I used to follow several blogs...they were daily photo blogs and I enjoyed seeing all the different photos ,the blogger would often write a piece to go with their photo as well...
I dont blog myself as feel I wouldnt have much to blog about after a while..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 01:42 PM

No I don't have a Blog one and wouldn't want one.
I don't think myself or my life are sufficiency interesting to have one ...
...and if they were I would't have time to write a Blog
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg View Post
No I don't have a Blog one and wouldn't want one.
I don't think myself or my life are sufficiency interesting to have one ...
...and if they were I would't have time to write a Blog

That's very true, Meg.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 02:21 PM

I'm old fashioned and the word 'Blog' just won't register with me, I've swallowed most of the new computer words but never blog. I think itís just another stupid word, what exacty does it mean? a diary is a diary full stop. There used to be a fictional character called Fred Bloggs, Fred was just an ordinary chap, or as they used to say back then ďThe man in the streetĒ thats the only Bloggs I ever heard of. I donít ĎBlogí unless someone else who blogs thinks itís blog, I never set out to blog and refuse to be a part of any blogging, I do a lot of talking about anything and everything but have never been accused of blogging so far, the word staggers on my tongue, it just wonít sit properly, a truly horrible sounding word in my opinion.

While Iím at it a few other terrible sounding words and terms I hate. Punk,Tweet, Get my drift (phew!)Thinking outside the box, Smuck, Awesome, and anyone whoís not American trying to be American by using American expressions, pathetic.
I feel better now thatís off me chest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I'm old fashioned and the word 'Blog' just won't register with me, I've swallowed most of the new computer words but never blog. I think itís just another stupid word, what exacty does it mean? a diary is a diary full stop. There used to be a fictional character called Fred Bloggs, Fred was just an ordinary chap, or as they used to say back then ďThe man in the streetĒ thats the only Bloggs I ever heard of. I donít ĎBlogí unless someone else who blogs thinks itís blog, I never set out to blog and refuse to be a part of any blogging, I do a lot of talking about anything and everything but have never been accused of blogging so far, the word staggers on my tongue, it just wonít sit properly, a truly horrible sounding word in my opinion.

While Iím at it a few other terrible sounding words and terms I hate. Punk,Tweet, Get my drift (phew!)Thinking outside the box, Smuck, Awesome, and anyone whoís not American trying to be American by using American expressions, pathetic.
Jem I understand Blog is an abbreviation for Weblog and I agree it is an ugly word and sounds like a diary which was written in the loo ....(a boglog )
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Jem i have just used the words " If you get my drift " in another post.... SORRY!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Ive had a few, mainly wildlife and photography based, still got one but i rarely update it these days.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 04:38 PM

Commonly used these days by so called journalists to get their news. It saves them actually going out to report on certain things.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top