Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 07:12 AM

Why don't the Royal's help more?

I will probably get shot down in flames but i feel it needs to be said. With all the cash the Royals have why don't they help our homeless such as the veterans instead of the poor sods sleeping rough on the streets. The huge properties they live in why not downsize and turn one over to the homeless to be converted into flats. If the Royals love the people then prove it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 07:40 AM

Re: Why don't the Royal's help more?

Please they are so removed from the lives of ordinary people they simply don't know they are on the same planet.
One has only to go into the Highgrove shape in Tetbury ( or anywhere else that Duchy originals are sold ) to see that Prince Charles for one has an amazing ignorance of how people live.( the prices are astronomical )
He thinks they live or at least should live in a bucolic countrified utopia which of course is how he lives in his Cotswold mansion little realising the actual price of housing lack of gardens etc etc .
How can people who have umpteen homes know what it's like to have to mortgage your life away?
Far less to release what it like to be on the streets .
It simple doesn't bear thinking about .
Yes the royals could make a gesture and donate one of their many properties for the homeless but 'charity' for the royals seems to consist of going to fund raising banquets .
I wonder if they ever part with any of their actual cash.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:19 AM

I doubt you'll get shot down. We all know that you're one of the fasted guns in the West. Wyatt might be faster than you, but I don't think he would call you out.
As for the poor royals, they have huge bills for food and entertainment and a lot of their money pays their servants.
There's not much left to give to people who have never learned to look after themselves.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:23 AM

Because the royals are the biggest state sponsored layabouts this country has ever known , possibly William and harry are turning that around but otherwise from andy to all the other royal hangerons they are simply a drain.... it's like life on benifit street meets the osbournes but in posh frocks
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I will probably get shot down in flames but i feel it needs to be said. With all the cash the Royals have why don't they help our homeless such as the veterans instead of the poor sods sleeping rough on the streets. The huge properties they live in why not downsize and turn one over to the homeless to be converted into flats. If the Royals love the people then prove it.
PATHETIC! Most of the Royals work very hard indeed, most us would find their work load overwhelming. Many of the homeless are workshy scum who are on drink and drugs and for whom I have no sympathy at all, and on whom I would not waste a penny!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Strange world, isn't it? As for myself, I wouldn't want to live like the royals, nor like the homeless.
But give a homeless person a home to live in, will s/he still live there 6 months later?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

22-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
PATHETIC! Most of the Royals work very hard indeed, most us would find their work load overwhelming. Many of the homeless are workshy scum who are on drink and drugs and for whom I have no sympathy at all, and on whom I would not waste a penny!
It seems you really are a venomous spider.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Rubbish.
Doing the grind of a dreary job battling to go to work is real work not the pseudo imitation stuff 'the firm 'does .( a term invented by Prince Philip to make it sound more like a business.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
It seems you really are a venomous spider.
Why because I defend the Royals instead of workshy scum?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-12-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Strange world, isn't it? As for myself, I wouldn't want to live like the royals, nor like the homeless.
But give a homeless person a home to live in, will s/he still live there 6 months later?

A lot of homeless people have mental issues that make them incapable of managing a home even if they had one .

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top