Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:53 AM

Re: Yes I have no tomatoes

Early days yet Muds, mine have only just started to set fruit. What I would suggest, however, is that as well as cutting out the side shoots you only allow a maximum of six to eight flowers per truss, as they do tend to continue to produce flowers which in my opinion just dilutes the plant's energy. Other than that just keep watering (without tomato feed until fruit has set), and be patient.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Muddy, My tomato plants this year, have been the worst ever! They are in the greenhouse and have taken ages to grow! I haven't even got a flower on them yet!
I thought, you could use a feather to pollinate them?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, My tomato plants this year, have been the worst ever! They are in the greenhouse and have taken ages to grow! I haven't even got a flower on them yet!
I thought, you could use a feather to pollinate them?

Or a very soft children's pain brush, some say.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:20 PM

For goodness sake be patient. I do know a little bit about toms-I used to sell them as a pin money hobby. Only now should they start to grow rapidly(time to side shoot remove) and perhaps flower. Keep moist but do not feed until the first truss has set.

Never grow Money Maker-it`s reliable? Yes. Does it crop well? Yes. What does it taste like?-does it have any taste???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:25 PM

Oh dear some of mine are moneymaker and they haven't produced anything at all as yet .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:25 PM

The best tomatoes I have grown were the trailing type, grown in hanging baskets. I can't remember the name but they were cherry tomatoes, red and yellow. I wanted to grow them again this year but couldn't find them anywhere.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh dear some of mine are moneymaker and they haven't produced anything at all as yet .

About as good as it gets then-think compost bin. It`s a crap variety but still sold.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:27 PM

I have some cherry ones these are the only ones to have tomatoes ( a few)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

11-06-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The best tomatoes I have grown were the trailing type, grown in hanging baskets. I can't remember the name but they were cherry tomatoes, red and yellow. I wanted to grow them again this year but couldn't find them anywhere.
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/tom...rod001954.html

You could try these?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/tom...rod001954.html

You could try these?
They look nice. I only had two baskets but they just went on & on producing fruit. I have a confession to make though, I have never grown anything from seed. I'm not a real gardener.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top