Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 03:12 PM

Craft Show at Doncaster.

Spent yesterday at Doncaster show with a friend. She wanted to speak to the Create and Craft team about the Brother Scan and Cut - had quite a few questions for them.

The show itself was not as busy as I would have expected but that worked to our advantage. We were able to walk about and look at everything without having to fight for space. I bought lots of lovely decoupage sheets - including a gorgeous one with donkeys on.

Had told my friend that I was not planning to buy any more dies - came back with nine (9) of them! Because we had bought our tickets in advance we were given a free gift - a box full of toppers and backing cards worth, apparently, £14.99p - and very nice too. My friend is a big fan of Tattered Lace - so she bought their USB key - 'flowers and florishes'. We had packed a picnic lunch as, going by previous years, the food there is expensive and not particularly good. The weather was kind to us so we sat outside by the racecourse to eat.

Then we had to go back round again - just make sure we had not missed anything! There were lots of demonstrations going on and plenty of variety in the crafts on display - quilting, knitting, jewellery making, quilling, screen printing, parching, die cutting, stamping, calligraphy - something for everyone.

This was the first year we had gone by train - my friend's husband has taken us in previous years - so it was a bit of an adventure. There was a free 'shuttle bus' service from Doncaster station to the show and back, running every half hour all day. We arrived back tired but happy - it was a good day.

Now I have to find more storage space in the craft room, and make time to play with my new toys !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Re: Craft Show at Doncaster.

Sounds wonderful Tabby! I'm envious!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 05:57 PM

Hi

I have no idea at all what you are talking about, but there are some amazing craft things about.

Unfortunately I am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to things like that.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:09 PM

I know how hard it is to resist spending at these fairs,m we used to go to the tropical fish show at Doncaster race course, it was hard not to spend but we had found a small shop in Castleford, we stood in the bus isles a mile away trying to be first in the shop, the stock was always to a very high standard.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:11 PM

Well - I have a "Craft" budget - always take cash so when it is gone it is gone - this time I actually managed to come home with a little bit in hand for the next one!

It was great fun.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Silver Tabby, I am like you when I go to a craft show.
I take so much with me and when its gone that's it.

I don't use dies, well, I bought them when they first came out, you know, the square and round ones. Since then though I am keeping with my stamping and my embossing folders.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top