Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Best car you ever drove

What's the best car you have ever driven? In my younger days it had to be an Alfa romeo alfasud, the thing was a beast,, do 100 in third, and had (amazingly) a 5 speed box, nowadays I prefer comfort over speed, so the Nissan quasqui we hired, was very comfortable and refined, also the new ford fiesta I recently test drove ( and ordered) was also very refined for a small car..I've had a few cars hired to me through work and a vw transporter I had for a day last year was also very nice, had all the bells and whistles too..
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:36 PM

Re: Best car you ever drove

Best car very much depended on what I was dong with it.

For the long journeys to London I liked my sons Mercedes c class coupe.
For getting out with kids dogs et all the long wheel based landrover.
For fun the mini (real mini) that we dropped a 1300gt engine into.

Best sports, I have to say I liked the modern MG mgf, the old MG gbt was too much like a bath tub..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 07:05 AM

My little Yaris! It's automatic, you just point it where you want to go and it does everything else! It even knows it's way to Dunelm!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 07:53 AM

No such thing as a best car, having owned the full set, sports, convertibles, mpv's etc, no one vehicle suits all situations, or aspirations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Ive had two the Honda CR-V I loved that car it carried so many dogs and so much straw it was fantastic. The other was the last body shape ford cortina a fabulous car we traveled the country with a caravan on the back.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:13 AM

I agree Spitty
I had a BMW 3 series once, it was only the baby 1.8 but that was a classy car

I went like the proverbial off a shovel and clung to the road like glue... only when speed limits permitted of course
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Toyota Landcruiser Amazon the 4.2 engine variety had 3 over a period time. Big powerful loads of grunt and other road users gave way

2 landcruisers and my Isuzu citation at P/X time
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 09:36 AM

When I was working I had a Celica. I loved that car but found it practically impossible to keep it under the 30 mph in town driving. On the open road/motorways then it really had some ooomph.

I now have shared ownersip (with my son) in a Subaru Legacy, which is electronic everything! He and his wife have two other vehicles and as I dont really need a car on a daily basis, shared ownership seemed the way to go. Plus I have the Scooby parked on my drive, so it is there should I need it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 09:41 AM

The car i have now is so loaded up the only thing it can't do is make a cup of tea. Have to say I have never ever had so many gadgets on a car far, too many to even start to list. One Landcruiser did have voice activation but a lot of the time it misheard the spoken word
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 10:12 AM

I have driven or had quite a few cars over the years but the best one to date is the one I am driving now which is a Nissan Note, it is comfy, got a sat nav (so hopefully I don't get lost) and when I do long distances I don't need a day to recover from sitting for so long. That is a big bonus for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top