Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Re: Vehicle Noise

I walked down to the beach earlier this evening and some of the scooter riders were there having a drink. Most were in fancy dress, they'd driven down from Manchester and were collecting for charity.

Great to see them again. The island welcomes them!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Don't encourage him Mags, or he'll get even worse.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't encourage him Mags, or he'll get even worse.
Is that possible Mups?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 03:35 AM

The noise limit for a motor vehicle in NSW is 90 decibels for cars and 94 for motorcycles and there is a web site you can report noisy vehicles to. I presume you have a similar facility and limits in the UK (in fact knowing how slack our pollution laws are yours are probably more stringent).

http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/noise/noisyexhaust.htm

I realise that is useless to you but it might give you a clue to help you find the equivalent UK web site.

For a noisy exhaust report to be complete, you will be required to provide the following information:
  • Your contact details - You must provide your name and phone number when making a report, but these details will never be passed on to the owner of the vehicle.
  • Vehicle registration plate details - The six-digit vehicle registration number and state of registration helps us locate the owner of the vehicle. Vehicles registered in NSW, ACT, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria can be reported.
  • Description of the vehicle - Details about the vehicle such as make, model, colour and type help ensure the vehicle has been correctly identified.
  • Location - Provide the street and suburb where the noisy vehicle was observed.
  • Date and time - Provide the date and time the vehicle was observed.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:18 AM

Thanks Bruce, will look-see. I don't object to scooter riders, but to the fact they need silencers on their machines. If all vehicles made the equivalent noise, it would be bedlam....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Thanks Bruce, will look-see. I don't object to scooter riders, but to the fact they need silencers on their machines. If all vehicles made the equivalent noise, it would be bedlam....
Blimey! Just one going past is enough for me to start stretching the cheese wire.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:18 AM

Funny, isn't it?
A person goes to buy a car and looks for the quietest model.
A motor cyclist goes to buy a motorbike and tries to find the loudest!

I can only assume that they like everyone to know when they are around.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:13 PM

On the Vine programme today, it seems that living next door to a family with an autistic kid is worse, than a one off gathering of scooter enthusiasts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top