Join for free
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:09 AM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

You can only blackmail from a position of strength, not weakness.
True. The EU bureaucrats think they are in a position of strength. I do not, and I hope that our negotiators can see through their posturing too.

We were promised the EU would come running, that they needed us more than we need them.
I still maintain that if we did have the balls to walk away right now, they would come running in the not too distant future.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think businesses and people within the Eu really want a decent deal and for us to carry on buying, it's just the political people with the need to keep everyone in their power that aren't playing nicely.

This is where politicians should have some link to real people and businesses, not just a political elite that has no ideals other than political ones to work from.
I agree.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So knowing what you now know, will you still be voting for the scumbag 'nasty party' notwithstanding it was TM & her scumbags who got us into this mess???
Hi

As I have stated before I have only ever once voted Tory and that was a tactical vote to get rid of Tony Blair.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Europe is playing at blackmail. they are saying if you want what you are asking for you must pay us this money. Money we are not obliged to pay, if that's not blackmail I don't know what is.

Actually they have no intention of agreeing terms of any kind where the UK gets what it wants. they are not negotiating they are issuing ultimatums.
You only have to listen to the derision and negativity in their dialogue. Not once have any of them given an inch. The are just as intransigent as they have been in all their negotiating throughout the years. They would hurt themselves just to make sure the UK suffered. The only PM to get the better of them was Margaret Thatcher.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-09-2017, 11:34 AM

Excellent news:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...lyNews_Express
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True. The EU bureaucrats think they are in a position of strength. I do not, and I hope that our negotiators can see through their posturing too.

I still maintain that if we did have the balls to walk away right now, they would come running in the not too distant future.

Is it cosy living in cloud cuckoo land???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 11:45 AM

Excellent news:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...lyNews_Express
If true that gives me hope we will actually leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Hi

That we are leaving should not be in doubt.

My logic is this, we should have had much of this done already, as it is, we are having to ask the EU for a Transition Period, which puts us in a much weaker position.

I think that it is appalling that at this late stage, Liam Fox is now admitting that we do not have enough Trade Negotiators.

Over a year has passed since he became in charge of Trade Deals, a major failing on his part.

The object of the exercise should have been to have everything in place ready to leave on the day.

I do not want to pay the EU a penny more than we legally have to, having to ask for a Transition Period gives the EU the whip hand.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-09-2017, 01:16 PM

Hi

That we are leaving should not be in doubt.

My logic is this, we should have had much of this done already, as it is, we are having to ask the EU for a Transition Period, which puts us in a much weaker position.

I think that it is appalling that at this late stage, Liam Fox is now admitting that we do not have enough Trade Negotiators.

Over a year has passed since he became in charge of Trade Deals, a major failing on his part.

The object of the exercise should have been to have everything in place ready to leave on the day.

I do not want to pay the EU a penny more than we legally have to, having to ask for a Transition Period gives the EU the whip hand.
Perhaps, if we opt for just walking away (as has been suggested in the link I posted), we wouldn't need any 'transition period'.

I live in hope.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 03:30 PM

Perhaps, if we opt for just walking away (as has been suggested in the link I posted), we wouldn't need any 'transition period'.

I live in hope.
So do I.

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top