Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 01:20 PM

Re: Soft Spelt Flour...Advice Please..

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What? Of my broken teeth if the crust is too hard?!!
Just the bread, please .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oh good, I will give it a try and then I can blame you if I put some weight on.
Twink, It wasn't the bread, it was the amount of butter l spread on it!

Anyway, l wasn't even fat. It's just, l went to the doctor and because my BMI was a bit over, l was put on a diet!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, It wasn't the bread, it was the amount of butter l spread on it!

Anyway, l wasn't even fat. It's just, l went to the doctor and because my BMI was a bit over, l was put on a diet!
Oh I have no chance then... I love butter!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 07:11 PM

How's the bread doing .....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 10:50 PM

Spelt is a lovely grain, an ancient grain and makes a nice loaf.

However it can be very tricky. In the 2 artisan bakeries that I spent time working with, the spelt loaves were some of the trickiest to maintain consistency. There appears to be great variance in the amount of water (hydration level) that is needed to make the ideal dough so I guess each batch of flour can be different and ambient temperature is important to get right.

If you are serious about your bread making and want to improve and get lots of ideas there is really one primary outlet which is:

www.thefreshloaf.com

This is a huge forum of avid bread makers including novices, enthusiasts and very competent experts. You can gain massive experience from participating there and reading the material and putting up blogs of your bread, good or bad.

Pop over and put "spelt loaf" into the search box and you'll get lots of recipes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
How's the bread doing .....
Omah, l haven't made it yet. I'll have a go, soon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-09-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Spelt is a lovely grain, an ancient grain and makes a nice loaf.

However it can be very tricky. In the 2 artisan bakeries that I spent time working with, the spelt loaves were some of the trickiest to maintain consistency. There appears to be great variance in the amount of water (hydration level) that is needed to make the ideal dough so I guess each batch of flour can be different and ambient temperature is important to get right.

If you are serious about your bread making and want to improve and get lots of ideas there is really one primary outlet which is:

www.thefreshloaf.com

This is a huge forum of avid bread makers including novices, enthusiasts and very competent experts. You can gain massive experience from participating there and reading the material and putting up blogs of your bread, good or bad.

Pop over and put "spelt loaf" into the search box and you'll get lots of recipes.
Thank You for that! Realist. I will have a look at it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oh good, I will give it a try and then I can blame you if I put some weight on.

You can't beat it, Twinks.

My mum was a magician with bread from her breadmaker....now she can't do it any more she's bullying me to take over....no way.....not yet......ok, maybe
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 01:08 PM

It's spelt: F.L.O.U.R
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You can't beat it, Twinks.

My mum was a magician with bread from her breadmaker....now she can't do it any more she's bullying me to take over....no way.....not yet......ok, maybe
Tipin, You should really have a go. You just put all the ingredients in the breadmaker, set the programme you want to make and switch it on.
Up to four hours (or less) later, your kitchen is filled with a wonderful aroma of fresh bread and a lovely loaf of bread!
The crust is lovely!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top