Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 08:43 PM

The "Nightmare Scenario"

Turns out it's not simply Tories who would hate to see a Labour Government headed by Old Compo Corbyn. The concerns run deep in the Military, the Intelligence Services and the Business Class.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20170...shment-corbyn/

"A future Corbyn-Labour government may set the stage for massive political instability if the UK Establishment fight for the status-quo"

"Shortly after he won the leadership of the party in 2015, an unnamed serving general in the British Army gave an extraordinary interview to the Sunday Times in which he predicted a mutiny among the military if a Corbyn-led Labour government's policies "jeopardized the security of the UK."

"Going on to forecast mass-resignations, the General predicted the use of "all means, fair or foul," to derail an anti-militarist agenda pushed by the Labour leader"

"Leading figures in Britain's intelligence establishment also implied at the time that even as prime minister, Mr. Corbyn would still be denied access to certain information deemed too sensitive for him to access."

"Such unprecedented animosity between the nation's military and security establishment and a potential future prime minister could lead to political instability unseen by the United Kingdom in modern times. "
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Re: The "Nightmare Scenario"

Should Labour win an election, and stranger things have happened, I suspect that Corbyn will be immediately replaced by one of the Commie left wing associates.

Corbyn is just a front man, who knows how to get in front of the cameras and come out with the thoughts which some (Students, etc) like to hear.

The lefties, mentioned above, will never get the party elected but will get the power should Corbyn manage it.

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:22 PM

It almost happened once before. I can remember a TV programme in which the military admitted that they were ready and waiting in the wings., positioned all over the country. That was about the time of Harold Wilson's Government .

I remember my father huffing and puffing whilst reeling in his chair, and that was why I took an interest in what was being transmitted. Scary stuff and I sure they didn't tell all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Turns out it's not simply Tories who would hate to see a Labour Government headed by Old Compo Corbyn. The concerns run deep in the Military, the Intelligence Services and the Business Class.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20170...shment-corbyn/

"A future Corbyn-Labour government may set the stage for massive political instability if the UK Establishment fight for the status-quo"

"Shortly after he won the leadership of the party in 2015, an unnamed serving general in the British Army gave an extraordinary interview to the Sunday Times in which he predicted a mutiny among the military if a Corbyn-led Labour government's policies "jeopardized the security of the UK."

"Going on to forecast mass-resignations, the General predicted the use of "all means, fair or foul," to derail an anti-militarist agenda pushed by the Labour leader"

"Leading figures in Britain's intelligence establishment also implied at the time that even as prime minister, Mr. Corbyn would still be denied access to certain information deemed too sensitive for him to access."

"Such unprecedented animosity between the nation's military and security establishment and a potential future prime minister could lead to political instability unseen by the United Kingdom in modern times. "

Well, well, well, what a surprise !!! - The top echelons of the military and business are frightened of Jeremy Corbyn.

Many of the rank and file are not though - bring it on!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Might be the right time to get back to "Prepping" Eh?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Might be the right time to get back to "Prepping" Eh?

No - gotta wait till the 7th November - then we can hold our revolution!!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The top echelons of the military and business are frightened of Jeremy Corbyn.
No I don't think they are frightened in the least bit old fossil. That's simply your inventive spin being put on an article you don't like.

Sounds to me very much like the military are ready, willing and VERY able to kick into touch any nonsense from a Looney hard left militant government that tries to surrender the UK's defence position and security capabilities.

As has been said countless times. The politicians, the government, DO NOT run this country. That is all a sham to give the illusion of democracy.

There is far more in place than people realise.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-09-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No I don't think they are frightened in the least bit old fossil. That's simply your inventive spin being put on an article you don't like.

Sounds to me very much like the military are ready, willing and VERY able to kick into touch any nonsense from a Looney hard left militant government that tries to surrender the UK's defence position and security capabilities.

As has been said countless times. The politicians, the government, DO NOT run this country. That is all a sham to give the illusion of democracy.

There is far more in place than people realise.

About time we had another revolution then!!! - I wonder if we can find a blank wall somewhere in Whitehall to deal with these ancient militarists.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 10:45 AM

I can go back to the early 70's. when a young man came into my place of work and started chatting about 'when the revolution comes' ... still waiting !

The one thing that made me think then, and still does now is that these activists who call for such movements, are usually cowards who sit and watch from a safe haven, whilst others get beaten up, injured and often killed.

Disgusting stance of how to achieve something , and at the same time ,subjecting ones neighbours ,friends and family too ! Bad news..
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 08:59 PM

When Corbyn becomes PM it will be because the Tories have failed, in just about every way it is possible to fail. They are incompetent, unable to rule for more than a select minority, the rest of the electorate have suffered massively for their ideological revolution, they deserve the wilderness for a generation or more. They are not good for the country as anyone with unblinkered eyes can see. Thus to force a Tory government's continuation via a coup will be the direct opposite of a patriotic act, buy people whose raison d'etre is supposedly patriotic.
That being said, I suspect the military bigwigs waiting in the wings are little more than a small coterie of alcohol soaked hasbeens, bemoaning the loss of empire as they weep on each other's shoulders in their private clubs.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top