Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 04:34 PM

New car

Just heard from the garage that our new car has been built and is in this country, dealer is finding out when the car will be delivered to him and will let us know about collecting it...excited,,,
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Re: New car

Good news.
I am thinking about Fords scrappage scheme with my diesel Mondeo.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Good news.
I am thinking about Fords scrappage scheme with my diesel Mondeo.
My neighbour has just used this.

He also used this site and had nothing but praise.

He got the £2k scrappage and then another £2250 discount from a dealer.

Maybe worth a look.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/how-it-work...xoCEv4QAvD_BwE
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 06:55 PM

@primus........nothing like the smell of a new car.....well done.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
@primus........nothing like the smell of a new car.....well done.
Yup, its ( or will be ) our second new car, the last one we bought through orange wheels, similar to carwow, we had to travel down to Guildford to pick it up, although the savings were worthwhile, this time there wasn't much of a discount, and we decided to go with our local dealer, and we are happy with the deal they gave us
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

18-09-2017, 07:33 PM

The best deals(discounts)are on cars they need to sell to keep their quotas within the manufacturers agreement and to keep the franchise......who knows when that is?

Nope, discounts are just a bonus if you've already decided on the car and if needed the finance package.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My neighbour has just used this.

He also used this site and had nothing but praise.

He got the £2k scrappage and then another £2250 discount from a dealer.

Maybe worth a look.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/how-it-work...xoCEv4QAvD_BwE
Thanks for that well worth a try, I don't have too much to spend but I do fancy a new Fiesta.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 10:39 AM

As mine is now 3 years old having just had it serviced under warranty and MOT,ed we decided to take up an offer of a 3 year service plan. We not only saved on that service by way of taking ot the plan but also will save several hundreds of pounds over that period of the plan. what we didn't realise it also included RAC breakdown cover.

When getting a new care try asking for extras like floor mats etc, also do look to see if it comes with a spare wheel. Make sure it at least has a space saver wheel, this stuff in a bottle is useless to inflate a tyre.

My wife bought an ex demo Honda and got a fantastic deal with a low milage car, worth consideing a well.

Any garage will sell demo cars if pushed, a sale is a sale afterall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch out for sales techniques they use . I saw it many times when doing telephone work in many showrooms

First of all they let you wander around opening doors- sticking head inside etc until they see you homing in on a particular model

In comes the sales man " Can I be of assistance, Do you have anything particular in mind? " is the opening gambet.

You may at this stage ask more questions

Next is to leave you again saying where he will be for future assistance.

Ok the fishing line is cast

you go back to look at a car again then

So as a customer you wander over making more enquiries about a certain model.
Next gambet is "Well if you are interested how about a test drive?

By now the fish (you ) are about to bite

So off for a test drive while in the meantime your car gets a look over for valuation purposes by another staff member.

OK back in the showroom and reeling in time the fish is on the line.

"do you have any colour in mind " he says showing different ones.

You like say a blue one. "nearly in the net now"
What about the higher spec version" more commission

Salesman goes into back office , usual trick pretending to discuss the sale with the manager but they actually don't, it is another ploy to leave you alone to make a final decision.

salesman comes back and says something like " I have spoken to my manager and agrees to make this offer in P/X

Do not accept they always can do better. They will check book prices again on a computer and make a better one

Now and only now you agree, so how do you pay " taking out an HP or bank loan or one arranged by the garage?

If by the garage don't accept their offer, everything is negioatable even interest rates. So bargain

The salesman now has you in his net and just has to pull you out of the water.

Now go for those little extras like seat covers -floor mats- touchup paint and whatever you get your eyes on.

Push a salesman to the limit. He either makes a smaller commission or misses out on a sales target

I actually find it quite a challanging sport to see how far I can go with it. remember there is a limit they won't go beyond
Primus1
York

26-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
As mine is now 3 years old having just had it serviced under warranty and MOT,ed we decided to take up an offer of a 3 year service plan. We not only saved on that service by way of taking ot the plan but also will save several hundreds of pounds over that period of the plan. what we didn't realise it also included RAC breakdown cover.

When getting a new care try asking for extras like floor mats etc, also do look to see if it comes with a spare wheel. Make sure it at least has a space saver wheel, this stuff in a bottle is useless to inflate a tyre.

My wife bought an ex demo Honda and got a fantastic deal with a low milage car, worth consideing a well.

Any garage will sell demo cars if pushed, a sale is a sale afterall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch out for sales techniques they use . I saw it many times when doing telephone work in many showrooms

First of all they let you wander around opening doors- sticking head inside etc until they see you homing in on a particular model

In comes the sales man " Can I be of assistance, Do you have anything particular in mind? " is the opening gambet.

You may at this stage ask more questions

Next is to leave you again saying where he will be for future assistance.

Ok the fishing line is cast

you go back to look at a car again then

So as a customer you wander over making more enquiries about a certain model.
Next gambet is "Well if you are interested how about a test drive?

By now the fish (you ) are about to bite

So off for a test drive while in the meantime your car gets a look over for valuation purposes by another staff member.

OK back in the showroom and reeling in time the fish is on the line.

"do you have any colour in mind " he says showing different ones.

You like say a blue one. "nearly in the net now"
What about the higher spec version" more commission

Salesman goes into back office , usual trick pretending to discuss the sale with the manager but they actually don't, it is another ploy to leave you alone to make a final decision.

salesman comes back and says something like " I have spoken to my manager and agrees to make this offer in P/X

Do not accept they always can do better. They will check book prices again on a computer and make a better one

Now and only now you agree, so how do you pay " taking out an HP or bank loan or one arranged by the garage?

If by the garage don't accept their offer, everything is negioatable even interest rates. So bargain

The salesman now has you in his net and just has to pull you out of the water.

Now go for those little extras like seat covers -floor mats- touchup paint and whatever you get your eyes on.

Push a salesman to the limit. He either makes a smaller commission or misses out on a sales target

I actually find it quite a challanging sport to see how far I can go with it. remember there is a limit they won't go beyond
Yes I know all about these sales techniques, as I've had a few of these over the years, but this time we knew we wanted the new model fiesta, and the dealer we use is a family run business, and we actually dealt with the owners son, he gave us a PX valuation which is good until we pick up our car, we bought our last car through a broker and had to travel down to Guildford to collect from the ford dealer down there, a bit of a Pfaff, but it was an experience, this time we chose this dealer as we've used them for servicing, and they have been quite reasonable
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 06:44 PM

What i didn't realise is that some Ford dealerships arn't actually Fords own main dealerships but franchise ones. I suspect other makes have the same setup.

The problem here is if a franchise and collapses Ford are not, same as others, there to pick up the pieces. You could well be left with a faulty car and not under warranty.

i would always recommend making sure it is a main dealer selling cars and not a Franchised one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top