Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Re: Blushberry and Cannabis

Thank you Cass. Itīs probably a good job my friends are in Scotland and not here, because Iīd probably be attempting to batter some sense into Richardīs head with a heavy frying pan.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 05:18 PM

I agree with you Mups. I have done some research, which Iīve sent to their daughter, Richard is not exactly computer literate and Sandra certainly isnīt. I really donīt know what else I can do, Iīve tried every which way possible, but he is absolutely adamant that his "friends" are right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 05:21 PM

I don't see that you can do any more then clumsy.
You have done your best.

Hard though it is, maybe you will have to take a back seat now.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

12-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Thank you Mups. Itīs just so frustrating, but you are right, there is nothing more I can do other than give Julie, (daughter) as much moral support as I can.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

31-10-2017, 11:25 AM

An update on our friend.

Yesterday Richard had to travel to Edinburgh for a meeting with the doctors, he said they were very blunt and to the point telling him that his condition is terminal and all they can do is give him chemotherapy which may prolong his life for a few months. Richard told them what he was taking, this blushberry stuff, which he ordered and which arrived from the USA, and the cannabis oil, which he ordered from Holland, he declined the chemotherapy.

Richard said the doctors said he looked well, he says he feels just fine and doesn't feel ill in any way and he will continue down the route he's decided to take. He's been booked in for some more scans in January.

He also said that when he went for the results of the first scans, I think a hospital in Glasgow, the doctor he saw, who he described as a "school age young Indian", told him the cancer had spread to his lungs. The doctors he saw yesterday in Edinburgh told him this was not so and he had been told wrongly.

So now, nothing to be done other than play the waiting game.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 12:07 PM

How sad Clumsy!
My schoolfriend was told that her cancer is terminal, but chemo has reduced the smaller tumours, they found a year ago, and she is also feeling fine.
She didn't want the chemo but I persuaded her to have it ( and it wasn't bad apart from making her tired) but the last scan showed that they haven't altered in size so they need do no more for at least another 3 months!
They find new ways of treating cancer fairly often, and you never know if the next one could be the one that can cure the cancer you have.
I feel sorry for your friends family, because he is not accepting the chances he is being offered!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

31-10-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
How sad Clumsy!
My schoolfriend was told that her cancer is terminal, but chemo has reduced the smaller tumours, they found a year ago, and she is also feeling fine.
She didn't want the chemo but I persuaded her to have it ( and it wasn't bad apart from making her tired) but the last scan showed that they haven't altered in size so they need do no more for at least another 3 months!
They find new ways of treating cancer fairly often, and you never know if the next one could be the one that can cure the cancer you have.
I feel sorry for your friends family, because he is not accepting the chances he is being offered!
Thank you Twink. Yes it is indeed sad and to my mind even sadder that he could afford to go anywhere in the world and pay for whatever treatment there is. However there seems to be no persuading him to do anything other than what his "friends" advise. According to Richard, he doesn't feel ill, therefore he isn't ill. I don't know, perhaps that's a good thing, I really can't say.

At the present time I'm trying, yet again, at the request of their daughter, to attempt to talk his wife out of her drinking. Of course she makes promises to me that I know full well she can't keep. but I can only try. I've been trying for years but of course it doesn't work. So now it is just a "wait and see" time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Clumsy, Cancer doesn't make you feel ill until you get close to the end of your life... then it us often very painful and you need strong medication to stop you feeling the pain.....then it is hell

Tumours are just mutant cells that increase at a rate faster than normal cells, so they cause your body to be unable to act as normal, when they are large enough to cause blockages. It is those blockages that cause pain or stop you breathing properly!
I can honestly say that the effects of the Chemo made me feel more ill than the cancer, which never gave me any discomfort. It was a lump about the size of a small apple, and it was small cell cancer, as I suspect your friends is! After 3 sessions of chemo that tumour was dead!

Your friend sounds like he is hoping the doctors are wrong, but they hardly ever are!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

31-10-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Clumsy, Cancer doesn't make you feel ill until you get close to the end of your life... then it us often very painful and you need strong medication to stop you feeling the pain.....then it is hell

Tumours are just mutant cells that increase at a rate faster than normal cells, so they cause your body to be unable to act as normal, when they are large enough to cause blockages. It is those blockages that cause pain or stop you breathing properly!
I can honestly say that the effects of the Chemo made me feel more ill than the cancer, which never gave me any discomfort. It was a lump about the size of a small apple, and it was small cell cancer, as I suspect your friends is! After 3 sessions of chemo that tumour was dead!

Your friend sounds like he is hoping the doctors are wrong, but they hardly ever are!
You are quite right Twink, Richard is totally convinced this stuff he is using will cure him. You don't fancy a trip to a fairly remote Scottish farm do you with a big stick to beat some sense into him?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

31-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
You are quite right Twink, Richard is totally convinced this stuff he is using will cure him. You don't fancy a trip to a fairly remote Scottish farm do you with a big stick to beat some sense into him?
I wish I could! I also wish Richard was right and the things he hopes will cure him could.... but you can't stop terminal cancer with a few alternative cures!

My friend told me that she didn't want to die but the cancer was obviously her fate. I told her that she had 6 grandchildren who wanted her to be at their future weddings and meet their children... so wasn't it worth making the effort to lengthen her life?....She listened to me and knows her grandkids love her.. so she is doing what I asked

Richard needs to give himself the best chance of beating this disease! My oncologist told me that it was my positive approach, that helped me go through the awful treatment, and helped me defeat the cancer!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top