Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Re: I fell on the way to the shops..

It's horrible to fall isn't it . The shock after seems to stay too . I hope you get well soon . A few years ago I was running late for an appointment , dark and raining , I ran from one pavement to the other and fell flat on my nose . I had to work the following day at reception in the office my face was black and blue . I've never run since not even for a bus .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
...went arse over elbow on some wet leaves and grazed my knees, one quite badly.

I've cleaned them and put plasters on, but my question is, as a bit of a hypochondriac and someone with a lowered immune system, could I get sepsis? Would I know about it before it was too late to get treatment?

Thankfully, I'm seeing a nurse tomorrow anyway.
Sorry to hear that Ffosse. I don't know anything about sepsis but just make sure you don't have any bone damage. I fell on my knees when I was at primary school and it took a further ten years before it was found that I had a piece of loose bone in there which was later removed.

I hope you heal quickly.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the good wishes...it's strange..thinking of my fall it seemed to happen in slow motion.

I'm glad I didn't bump my head or was badly winded.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:21 PM

It's strange..thinking of my fall it seemed to happen in slow motion.

I'm glad I didn't bump my head.
Can you have a nice soak in a hot bath Richard, that should work wonders cleaning you knee and easing any bruises .
I know what you mean about slow motion , it seems to take ages to hit the ground doesn't it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, Dreamy I am so sorry about your fall.
If it just grazing then I don't think you should worry.
I see Mups has given you a link.
Hugs to you.
Yes and I would like to second all of the emotions sent to you here Fflosse.
Falls at any age can be really bad and upsetting, but of course when one is just that little bit older, a fall seems to effect you more.
Best wishes on a very speedy get fully over the situation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the good wishes...it's strange..thinking of my fall it seemed to happen in slow motion.

I'm glad I didn't bump my head or was badly winded.

Remove plasters, dab affected area with TCP and re-apply with fresh plasters - this will avoid any possibility of sepsis!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Can you have a nice soak in a hot bath Richard, that should work wonders cleaning you knee and easing any bruises .
I know what you mean about slow motion , it seems to take ages to hit the ground doesn't it.
Thanks, Meg, that's what I'll do and I wonder why it didn't occur to me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-10-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Remove plasters, dab affected area with TCP and re-apply with fresh plasters - this will avoid any possibility of sepsis!!!
I don't have any TCP, just some nappy ointment...I wonder if that will do? I also have vodka and, I know it will sting, but would that work?

Edit: the nappy ointment isn't antiseptic.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:46 PM

I don't have any TCP, just some nappy ointment...I wonder if that will do? I also have vodka and, I know it will sting, but would that work?

Edit: the nappy ointment isn't antiseptic.

Use the vodka !!! - then pour yourself a stiff drink from the same bottle
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Use the vodka !!! - then pour yourself a stiff drink from the same bottle
I will but will refrain from drinking any. Is it true that the alcohol has antiseptic properties?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top