Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 03:52 PM

Re: I fell on the way to the shops..

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I will but will refrain from drinking any. Is it true that the alcohol has antiseptic properties?
Absolutely matey, absolutely!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 04:02 PM

I've done it; it stung like mad but I feel better for it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:01 PM

I've done it; it stung like mad but I feel better for it.
Can't offer any further advice Ffosse but hope you soon feel better.

The stinging reminded me that for any grazes we had as kids, my dad would get out the bottle of iodine, it stung like crazy, but seemed to quickly heal the wound!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:25 PM

I've also washed the jeans and jacket I was wearing as they were covered in mud.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:28 PM

Hope you feel better soon. Good advice on here.

I found an antiseptic spray recently - in Morrisons. Only a tiny bottle but at least it'll give good coverage of scrapes and wounds. After cleansing, of course.

Attaching photo.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	4284  
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:26 PM

That sounds Horrific flosse , reminds me of the time I got hit by a car while crossing the road on the way to work one morning, then I ignored onlookers advice to go to A&E and got the guy to drop me off at work instead. I then spent the day with agonizing rib pain and a very swollen foot.
I guess we are made of stronger stuff.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 10:12 PM

I don't have any TCP, just some nappy ointment...I wonder if that will do? I also have vodka and, I know it will sting, but would that work?

Edit: the nappy ointment isn't antiseptic.
At least we now know w hat made you fall over.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Can't offer any further advice Ffosse but hope you soon feel better.

The stinging reminded me that for any grazes we had as kids, my dad would get out the bottle of iodine, it stung like crazy, but seemed to quickly heal the wound!

Yes Val darlin' - I also remember Iodine, and for stings, bites and other pains I also had Gentian Violet administered.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-10-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At least we now know w hat made you fall over.
Yes, wet leaves on a slippery pavement on an incline.

It's comments like that which make me wonder whether or not to stay on this forum.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 10:58 AM

You see this is the problem with forums, people take the forum and themselves to seriously. It was quite obvious Longdogs post was meant light hearted and there was no malice in it. We can not possibly know the history of every poster on here and be aware of what might cause offence to them. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and carry on not threaten to flounce on the forum. Personally I like the ability in people to laugh at themselves and realise how absurd we all are ultimately.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top