Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Re: Just had my wrist plastered for the 3rd time

It sounds like patience is now needed Twink despite all the frustration of it taking so long to heal
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Twink not the best of news but it does seem there is no hidden unnoticed break.

Have you tried a heat pack to help with the pain. Ice is good for new injuries but heat can help with stiffness and pain.
She did suggest wringing a cloth in warm water (and I though I had an excuse for not doing hand washing) but she also said a bag of frozen peas may help too.
I seem to be busier now than at anytime that I could use both hands.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Sorry to hear you are in the wars, hope you recover quicklly.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sorry to hear you are in the wars, hope you recover quicklly.
Thanks Nom! I will get there in the end but the process of doing so is painful!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Have just seen the Physio who had good news and bad news!

GOOD
She told me that my wrist movement is good considering it is less than 8 weeks since the break. She also said that if there had been another broken bone it would have started to mend by now so, as it was in plaster, it wouldn't be causing me problems. The pain is most likely being caused by severe internal bruising and getting the muscles and other soft tissue to start working again!
BAD
It was a very bad break and diabetics take longer to heal, so it is likely to take 3-6 months after the break, before the pain disappears.... and I may need painkillers over that time. She gave me more exercises to do and I have to do at least some of them every 2 hours.She said that, in another 4 weeks, I may be able to reduce the painkillers but I should continue for another month because the anti inflammatory ones really do help with the healing process.

She said that the doctor at the fracture clinic was wrong in telling me it would heal in 3-4 weeks and has told me I can call her if I have any more concerns.
Oh wow

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top