Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: As you get older is it inevitable that illnesses catch up with you?

Too true ladies

As I say I only hurt getting up so as long as I stay moving about the less it hurts

And when all else fails, I take a painkiller and get on with it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:43 PM

Hi

As we get older, our bodies take longer to deal with things.

As others have said, be positive and keep moving.

The male of the species is much better at coping with debilitating illnesses, we suffer from Man Flu, a terrible affliction which confines us to rest and the remote control.

The ladies just get ordinary flu, so are still capable of getting up and about and doing things.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:48 PM

I think that's what I mean: I'm only middle age and would have preferred my illnesses at a later date.

I agree with others though that dwelling on them isn't good for me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 02:49 PM

I do not believe that ill health is inevitable. Obviously the body slows down a bit as we grow older but, like Twink, I believe in a positive attitude. I also believe that we have a responsibility to take care of ourselves - and that doesn't mean wrapping in cotton wool but eating well, not drinking to excess, not smoking, taking some exercise every day, never losing one's sense of wonder at the world around us - and enjoying life itself - it is a gift and should be treasured.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I do not believe that ill health is inevitable. Obviously the body slows down a bit as we grow older but, like Twink, I believe in a positive attitude. I also believe that we have a responsibility to take care of ourselves - and that doesn't mean wrapping in cotton wool but eating well, not drinking to excess, not smoking, taking some exercise every day, never losing one's sense of wonder at the world around us - and enjoying life itself - it is a gift and should be treasured.

I so agree with that Tabs, especially "enjoying the sense of wonder."
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, I hope to reach that age so will soak in all the good advice on this forum.
Today, drove my daughter to the Eye Hospital, dropped her off, came home picked up dog took him to the groomer, came back cooked a full English for two grandkids who had a sleep over last night and myself and wife. All of that with an autoimmune condition, arthritis and asthma. Life is for living..to the full.
Count the blessings mate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Today, drove my daughter to the Eye Hospital, dropped her off, came home picked up dog took him to the groomer, came back cooked a full English for two grandkids who had a sleep over last night and myself and wife. All of that with an autoimmune condition, arthritis and asthma. Life is for living..to the full.
Count the blessings mate.

Well done Rehab.
And well done Mrs. Rehab for training you to perfection.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well done Rehab.
And well done Mrs. Rehab for training you to perfection.
She chopped the mushrooms and cooked the beans and and did the toast etc etc etc, it’s the etc’s that are the hardest
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
She chopped the mushrooms and cooked the beans and and did the toast etc etc etc, it’s the etc’s that are the hardest

Aha. So now the truth's coming out. You did bugger all to the breakfast at all !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

28-10-2017, 04:23 PM

Bacon, sausages and eggs mate all requiring a certain culinary skill. I don’t know about you but I really hate doing eggs under the grill, it’s so untidy.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top