Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Re: As you get older is it inevitable that illnesses catch up with you?

Oh what??? - where's the black pudding???
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 04:39 PM

I know.....hangs head in shame.....
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 05:36 PM

I think as one gets older, perhaps particularly past retirement ages, there are obviously more and more and more illnesses out to get you.
Even trying to get you to pop your clogs.

One tries to do ones best to avoid this fate, and I shall play this coffin dodging lark until the grim reaper comes to finally get me!

But don't you folks worry about me.
It's my cheery spirit that keeps me going!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 05:45 PM

Hi

We are all going to die of something.

You make the most of everyday and enjoy life.

There is no way now that I have the strength to catch a Great White Shark, but I can still try to catch a 15lb Bass and enjoy that.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I think nowadays if nothing hurts when I wake up I must be dead!
Tell me about it. Once you hit 50 (I'm now 53) everything starts falling apart. There isn't a day I live without pain and I see my doctor more now (including a cardiologist) than I ever have in my life. Seems like every month or so, something new pops up that I have to go back in for.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Tell me about it. Once you hit 50 (I'm now 53) everything starts falling apart. There isn't a day I live without pain and I see my doctor more now (including a cardiologist) than I ever have in my life. Seems like every month or so, something new pops up that I have to go back in for.

Linda darlin' at only 53 you're still a 'spring chicken' and have a lot of life in front of you!!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Linda darlin' at only 53 you're still a 'spring chicken' and have a lot of life in front of you!!!
Just so long as she avoids getting plucked and stuffed for Christmas!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 01:56 PM

"As you get older is it inevitable that illnesses catch up with you? "

This question displays a degree of misunderstanding imo.

Getting old IS the illness. Everything else stems from the same problem that causes aging itself. That is, you have run out of "life energy" and your body does not have the fuel it needs to operate properly.

When you were first born your body was bursting with "life energy". As and infant and as a child you were full of energy, couldn't stop bouncing around, running around, shouting and simply being elated in that joy of life in that moment.

If you hurt your body, cut yourself, grazed your knees, your body would heal itself quickly with no help from outside sources. If you got measles, mumps etc your body would deal with it.

Then something happened.

At around 30 years of age, the store of life energy ran out. It was like someone unplugging the power cable from your laptop so that it was no longer charging and was only then operating on the energy in the batteries which, over time, gradually becomes less and less.

It is worth dwelling in this whole cycle imo.

Most people are now just living on battery storage and their bad living habits expend large quantities of that energy. That is to say, they damage their bodies through smoking, drinking, drugs, over-eating which means their bodily regeneration/repair systems are currently on overdrive which just soaks up that limited energy.

Interesting to look at how trees survive. Trees take nourishment from the life energy in the ground. That's how they eat/drink so to speak. But equally, every year, they grow an absolute mass of solar panels . . i.e. leaves. These soak up the free energy from the sun helping sustain the tree. Chop a branch off a tree and the tree goes on regardless, usually quite happily.

Old age and indeed dying is the result, imo, of failing to tap into all the free life energy that surrounds us in abundance.
The issue for humans is understanding what that energy is and how to create a structure that can "absorb" and contain it which we can then ingest.

We previously got it via the umbilical cord in the womb. Which means the energy was previously inside the mother being given to the baby.

The answers thus lie in that mechanism. The understanding of how a mother is storing that life energy, what anatomical structures or chemicals she has which are trapping the energy so it can be used by humans.

It's vital to understand this because all illness, all decrepitude stems simply from our lack of life energy and thus the inability of our body to repair us (as it doesn't have the fuel to do so).

Our life span is essentially determined by how much or how little load we place on our bodies, by how much we cause it to soak up that "laptop battery" source of energy.

Equally it's dependent on how much life energy we manage to consume. We get small amounts of it from food, water, air and from the sun. Generally though most people don't understand that. They don't care about what they eat and whether it has lots of life energy on it.

The real issue for our food choices is NOT whether it is good/bad food, NOT whether it is fat or carbs or sugars etc.

The issue is simply, how much life energy is contained within it and how easy is it for our bodies to break the food down and release that energy into our bodies.

Since "life energy" is "life", it should be obvious that exposing it to heat or extreme cold, will kill that life just as it would kill you.

Thus the foods that have lots of life energy are RAW and have recently come from the ground.

Equally, in the ruthless stakes of Nature, a freshly killed and RAW animal contains more energy that an old one or one that has been cooked. Most animals in the kingdom do not cook food. They eat live creatures or creatures they have just killed. Think lions, tigers, crocodiles, sharks, whales etc.

This life, this existence is chock full of lies and deceit. That's because those WHO DO KNOW and understand these core concepts, fear the rest of the world knowing because that would result in the world being flooded by healthy people who lived many many years.

Hence we are taught to cook (kill) the energy in our foods.
We are taught to freeze (kill) the energy in our foods.
We are taught to rely on others for foods instead of growing our own and getting the life energy from freshly plucked ingredients.

Equally we are taught NOT to let the sun's rays nourish us. Taught to stay out of the sun, cover our skin (block your pores) with nasty chemical sun creams.

Our ill health is big business for the health industry.

We are being purposely kept down, kept ignorant, kept sick. Dying is an illness NOT an inevitability.

All we need is a good source of life energy.

I hope this ignites the spark of inquisition in some, a spark that will cause further thought and investigation.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Attitude is everything.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Attitude is everything.
Hi

Exactly.

I am on confined Bed rest at the moment.

The front lawn looks so much better now I have cut it.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top