Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Re: As you get older is it inevitable that illnesses catch up with you?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Alcohol or vinegar Rehab -I have to ask - I am allergic to vinegar, but alcohol gives me a warm fuzzy feeling until I fall over.
Ditto.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 09:21 PM

Apparently Lord Nelson was pickled in a butt of Malmsley after he died and was shipped back to Emma Lady Hamilton, she wasn’t impressed.
As an aside I used to frequent a Parisian Bordello run by a Lady H she wasn’t a relative of Emma though. Nice place, very friendly but no Malmsley on the wine list
Don’t you just love these learning experiences!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Alcohol or vinegar Rehab -I have to ask - I am allergic to vinegar, but alcohol gives me a warm fuzzy feeling until I fall over.

Everything pickled in vinegar or alcohol is well preserved darlin', which is why I have Brandy in my coffee in the mornings - will be 'pickled' before I snuff it, not afterwards
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Everything pickled in vinegar or alcohol is well preserved darlin', which is why I have Brandy in my coffee in the mornings - will be 'pickled' before I snuff it, not afterwards
That sounds like good advice Joe.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your cancer and pancreatic issues Ffosse. Bad news pal.
Obviously these are unavoidable complaints, but otherwise if you look after your health with a reasonably good diet and adequate exercise your general health will be in a better state.

I must say that I think when you turn 50 it all begins to start falling apart though. I'm 53 and suffer arthritis in the knees, a recurring bad back and always have a bad cough. I put most of that down to working conditions though.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorry to hear about your cancer and pancreatic issues Ffosse. Bad news pal.
Obviously these are unavoidable complaints, but otherwise if you look after your health with a reasonably good diet and adequate exercise your general health will be in a better state.

I must say that I think when you turn 50 it all begins to start falling apart though. I'm 53 and suffer arthritis in the knees, a recurring bad back and always have a bad cough. I put most of that down to working conditions though.
I'm 53 as well and yep, once you hit 50, everything goes kaput.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top