Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:09 PM

Party Leaders Wanting To Close Ranks Again.

Correct me if I am wrong but is what May saying about meeting up with all the party's leaders to sort this mess out and rebuild the inhouse security for all who work and play in Parliament really not on.
Is this only going down the same road that all this mess started from.
To many secrets have been kept from the public in my opinion and although I do despise a lot of the media crap that is headlined these days I am thinking at least it is not being kept behind closed doors.
There may well be innocent victims in all of this being accused but lets face it being an MP does not give you immunity from the rest of the public world and if you do wrong you have to pay.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Re: Party Leaders Wanting To Close Ranks Again.

Government tendency is to look after their own, scandal is ignored, then covered up with a 'few' scapegoats to pay the price. We need government to be focused, any distraction turns attention away from more important issues.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:38 PM

The Labour Party seem to have suspended those MPs who have apparently transgressed, and the scumbag 'nasty party' have now suspended the membership of and removed the whip from Charlie Elphicke, but what I don't understand is why they haven't removed the whip from the previous transgressors like f'r instance Fallon et al.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 04:33 PM

They need an independent body to investigate and sort this all out, quickly not hanging around.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The Labour Party seem to have suspended those MPs who have apparently transgressed, and the scumbag 'nasty party' have now suspended the membership of and removed the whip from Charlie Elphicke, but what I don't understand is why they haven't removed the whip from the previous transgressors like f'r instance Fallon et al.
Or , on the other hand why aren't Labour follies the hated Conservative example and reporting it to the police.
Frankly I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Apparently much of the information on the lists is a rehash of old news, or inaccurate . It is suspected to be a conspiracy by remainers, leaked by an ex Conservative who now works for Mandelson's company.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Government tendency is to look after their own, scandal is ignored, then covered up with a 'few' scapegoats to pay the price. We need government to be focused, any distraction turns attention away from more important issues.
Yes - without a doubt.
Didn't they recently have thousands of archived expense receipts destroyed?

Do as I say etc..
They all make me bloody sick tbh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 10:00 PM

It appears to me that somebody is doing their utmost to prevent the government from doing their job by deliberately introducing diversionary tactics.....Whatever next?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Or , on the other hand why aren't Labour follies the hated Conservative example and reporting it to the police.
Frankly I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Apparently much of the information on the lists is a rehash of old news, or inaccurate . It is suspected to be a conspiracy by remainers, leaked by an ex Conservative who now works for Mandelson's company.
Sorry about the weird wording at the beginning, for follies read following. Wayward predictive text.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top