Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Re: A very bleak mood...

And for you too Swims

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:59 AM

You do have a net work ! Us ! I've gone through times all I've relied on is my friends here. They are a huge help when you need them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:14 PM

I got pretty drunk (first time in ages) and visited the Psychiatric Emergency Team at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital. Not sure much came from it but at least they will contact my G.P.

It's on the other side of the city and I got lost coming back; took me ages to find the main road then get a taxi. Sorry for the drunken ramblings at 1:55 - I can't even remember logging on.

Strangely, I feel better today - yes I have a hangover but it's like my brain has been reset.

Thanks for all the replies and support.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I got pretty drunk (first time in ages) and visited the Psychiatric Emergency Team at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital. Not sure much came from it but at least they will contact my G.P.

It's on the other side of the city and I got lost coming back; took me ages to find the main road then get a taxi. Sorry for the drunken ramblings at 1:55 - I can't even remember logging on.

Strangely, I feel better today - yes I have a hangover but it's like my brain has been reset.

Thanks for all the replies and support.
Glad to hear it Ffosse. It just goes to show that depression is not forever whereas the unthinkable is.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:25 PM

I'm lucky I live above a shop; I'm not up to visiting Tesco today but can buy a Pizza or TV dinner of some sort.

I'm kind of amazed I'm alive: after my pancreatitis in 2014 I was told I could never drink again. Perhaps by drinking I was playing the devil and testing myself. I wouldn't recommend drinking to anyone, though.

Here's a photo of the maze I found myself in trying to get back home...it was freezing. This path just kept on and on and GPS on my phone wasn't much help, probably because I'd had a few. It's a pretty posh part of the city but it took me ages to find a main road and a pub in which I could phone a taxi (after one last drink). A bit of an adventure for me in reality.

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:46 PM

Kick the booze into touch Lad,You could have got Yourself mugged or worse..It's also a depressant,and that's the last thing You need...Take care.xx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-11-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Most of us have been in a dark place in our lives.

However dark it is, you have to realise that you are you.

You deserve a life.

I was totally, utterly and completely in love with my Ex, the mother of my children.

Two hours after my heart attack I was gobsmacked to find out that it was not reciprocated.

Who will look after me now?

Off she went with a man she had been having an affair with for 11 years.

You have to have belief in yourself, you are the valuable person.

Life sometimes deals us bad cards, that does not mean what it is you who are fault, do not blame yourself.

Celebrate what you can do, not what you cannot.

I have always looked after my kids, nothing has ever stopped me doing that, until now.

My son has had his life destroyed by a pillock in Taiwan who has escaped justice and is gloating about it.

He is still putting pressure on.

Under normal circumstances, Dad would have been there and problem solved.

I cannot turn back what has happened, I would normally have ensured that it would not happen again.

There would have been a horrendous price to pay and a warning to others, leave well alone.

I am in a very dark place because I cannot do that at the moment.

I can however support my son in many ways and I celebrate that I can do so.

Look on the bright side, you are valuable, you are worth it.

Life sorts itself out.

Look after yourself.

I have six months of hard work to go to get fit again to go to Taiwan.

In the meantime, I support Guy in anyway I can.

I retain my sanity, not by getting depressed, but by realising it is transient.

My health will improve, then I will sort it.

He will not be touched again.
This is really touching. Thank you for posting.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-11-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Kick the booze into touch Lad,You could have got Yourself mugged or worse..It's also a depressant,and that's the last thing You need...Take care.xx
Thank you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 06:15 PM

I'm so pleased for you to hear your cancer is in remission. You are in a good place here.

When you are in the middle of a battle (like cancer) often you don't really feel down until it's over with. Perhaps it's because in the middle of a fire fight, you don't have time to feel sorry for yourself or your situation, but it's not uncommon to become a little depressed - even after getting news of remission.

The most important thing to understand is that your emotions are chemical/physical symptoms of your brain's activity. If tis goes on, then your brain is undergoing something for which your doctor might be able to help.

That said, there are ways to physically trick your brain into quelling some of your more troublesome emotions.

The first is to make sure you are into a strict routine of sleep. If you are not sleeping at night, for at least a week, try to do everything you can not take a nap during the day. That nap may be central in causing you to awake in the night.Second, make sure you turn the TV and computer off at least an hour before you go to bed so your brain is not over-stimulated. Also consider taking a news fast for a few days. Bad news can exacerbate one's tendency to feel down. If you wake up in the night and can't sleep - get up - but again, avoid the screens that can overly wake you.

Exercise is also a great driver of sleep and positive moods. If your body is using muscle (cardio and strength) then your brain desperately wants that sleep to repair muscle fibers. A walk, an hour of arm exercises while watching TV...whatever you can manage will help.

As so many have said, we are at a time in our lives in which some mighty mountainous challenges present themselves. It will pass.

If you are down, give yourself little treats and outings to look forward to and put them on the calendar. Having something to look forward to really helped me when my daughter was critically ill.

Good suggestions and good people here .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:03 PM

What wonderful posts on this thread.
Dreamy you must be inspired.

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top