Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 11:23 AM

Re: NHS seven day working

I've been taken ill at weekends family have too an had great care from doctors and nurses. The only problem has been no admin staff but they get round that in various ways. Consultants weren't available but I was treated fabulously by the doctors that were and when consultants arrived Monday I can't say I got better care.

If you are really in need NHS is available 24/7

They don't treat smaller irritations at weekends but genuine need is treated and very well.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Found this for you...

https://fullfact.org/health/new-juni...heir-reaction/
I have no comment to make on the discussion you are having regarding NHS (aside from the obv fact that it is inherently corrupt and owned now by Big Pharma).

However I would highlight that the "fullfact" website/organisation has had a great deal of criticism for actually being quite politically biased and not applying the standards it expects of mainstream journalism to itself.

It is not an organisation I would pay too much heed of since learning about it's chairman and directors and the large foundations that fund/sponsor it.

read these links for further info:

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/fau...ut-fullfactorg

http://enzaferreri.blogspot.co.uk/20...impartial.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ull-facts.html

http://nyebevannews.co.uk/meet-tory-...o-be-unbiased/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:48 PM

Moscow .. I like your posts and you present the other side of the argument so much better than I could. It makes for interesting reading.

Ignore UJ ..he just gets personal when he's onto a hiding.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Thank you.......

I have to say that was a bizarre post from UJ.

I'm sure it made him feel better ......hopefully
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 06:00 PM

Strange I know several doctors, in fact my niece was one, none of them came from any elitist background.
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

12-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Im in two minds about forcing consultants and registrars to work weekends.

They are so highly trained by the NHS (which is seen as the creme de la creme of training by health agencies abroad) that they can go to the USA and be paid double their NHS salary. They can do the same in private practice so why should they stay working in the NHS once theyre trained? May as well take their skills elsewhere for more money and weekends off.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chatterbox ->
Im in two minds about forcing consultants and registrars to work weekends.

They are so highly trained by the NHS (which is seen as the creme de la creme of training by health agencies abroad) that they can go to the USA and be paid double their NHS salary. They can do the same in private practice so why should they stay working in the NHS once theyre trained? May as well take their skills elsewhere for more money and weekends off.
If they are trained by the taxpayer they should serve the taxpayer for a minimum of 25 years or pay back their training costs. If they have time for locum work it should be offered to the NHS first at standard rates.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Emotive claptrap..

There is no viable argument for consultants etc not working a shift pattern that covers 24hrs a day and 7 days a week, if that's what is needed.

As for junior doctors, they are politicised and deluded. Their protests are more to do with anti-Tory ranting than any concern for the NHS.

THe new Junior Doctors contract increase their pay, reduces their working week from 56 to 48 hours as an average and reduces the maximum they are permitted to work from 91hrs to 72 hours over a maximum of 7 consecutive days.....

More money , less hours and it has been agreed by everyone except the BMA.....so what are you complaining about ?
Well said !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top