Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:27 PM

Recognise any of these signs ?

Powerful and continuing nationalism
Disdain for human rights
Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
Supremacy of the military
Rampant sexism
Controlled mass media
Obsession with national security
Religion and government intertwined
Corporate power protected
Labor [sic] power suppressed
Disdain for intellectuals & the arts
Obsession with crime & punishment
Rampant cronyism & corruption
Fraudulent elections

Many are very apparent in the US and frighteningly the UK
Early Signs of Fascism
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:33 PM

Re: Recognise any of these signs ?

I would say here in the UK we don't have most of those (yet). The mass media one does feel like it applies though
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:40 PM

That could easily apply to an Islamic country - it's the same route that Turkey is now engaged in.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I would say here in the UK we don't have most of those (yet). The mass media one does feel like it applies though
Not a rise in Nationalism ?
Enemies as a unifying cause ?
Corporate power protected ?
Workers power suppressed ?
Cronyism & corruption ?
Fraudulent elections ?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 11:05 PM

If brexit happens and if we have a Tory government still in oower to try and pick up the pieces, I fully expect the jackboot to firmly stamp down on our rights and more.
I can all but hear the public broadcast... the disastrous brexit outcome is all the fault of the EU in general and the Germans in particular who want to punish us for daring to leave their rule. But we will show our true Bulldog Spirit and not let them win. It will mean hard choices, tough decisions but we will prevail. We will all have to make sacrifices like we did in darkest hours in the past. To that end we will, unfortunately, have to temporarily suspend employment rights, including the minimum wage; simplify health & safety rules and employer pension contributions. Of course, when things are better all these suspensions will be lifted...
Bruv
Kent UK

13-11-2017, 12:01 AM

Are the italics your thoughts or is it the reasons given as an excuse for the ensuing problems ?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Are the italics your thoughts or is it the reasons given as an excuse for the ensuing problems ?
My thoughts on what will be fed us by way of justification.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Not a rise in Nationalism ?
Enemies as a unifying cause ?
Corporate power protected ?
Workers power suppressed ?
Cronyism & corruption ?
Fraudulent elections ?
A rise yes but not powerful nationalism and yes I'd agree to Cronyism and corporate power to some extent. But no I wouldn't agree to the rest. Although our elections are rigged by propaganda, I don't believe they are fraudulent. I don't entirely understand the second point.

In terms of workers power I don't think that's a state policy at present. That was Thatcher wasn't it? They are trying to make employers more accountable. Trying to put pressure on zero hours, the recent Uber ruling, etc. But I'd say workers are bound to lose power with automation and the move toward "shamrock" organisations. This isn't driven by the State but by capitalism and technological advances/global economy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-11-2017, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
... the disastrous brexit outcome is all the fault of the EU in general and the Germans in particular who want to punish us for daring to leave their rule. But we will show our true Bulldog Spirit and not let them win. It will mean hard choices, tough decisions but we will prevail. We will all have to make sacrifices like we did in darkest hours in the past. ..
wow.that bit looks like it's verbatim of what some on the brexit forum say!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A rise yes but not powerful nationalism and yes I'd agree to Cronyism and corporate power to some extent. But no I wouldn't agree to the rest. Although our elections are rigged by propaganda, I don't believe they are fraudulent. I don't entirely understand the second point.

In terms of workers power I don't think that's a state policy at present. That was Thatcher wasn't it? They are trying to make employers more accountable. Trying to put pressure on zero hours, the recent Uber ruling, etc. But I'd say workers are bound to lose power with automation and the move toward "shamrock" organisations. This isn't driven by the State but by capitalism and technological advances/global economy.
I don't think thatcher was the worse Blair took far more liberties trying to bring us into line with eu. I lost a lot during his tenure the employers I worked for loved him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top