Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 06:03 PM

Co-operative ready meals...

...are rubbish, even Tesco's own brand is better, M & S or Waitrose better still.

Yesterday I had the chicken & bacon pasta bake which was bland and tastless; today a cottage pie which was lifeless. And at 2 for £4 they're totally not worth it.

I"m a pretty decent cook but have been feeling down lately and not up to preparing fresh meals like I normally do. I hope to change that soon.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 06:31 PM

Re: Co-operative ready meals...

Any sort of pasta bake is tasteless as far as I am concerned, reminds me of dog sick!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 06:34 PM

What was strange was just how tasteless it was - I couldn't even taste the bacon in it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Most of these ready meals have had the salt reduced in them making them very bland
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:15 PM

They cost more but ready meals from COOK are brilliant.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I"m a pretty decent cook but have been feeling down lately and not up to preparing fresh meals like I normally do. I hope to change that soon.
That's a bit of a vicious circle TBH. Eat crap food, feel even worse, deprive your body of nutrients etc.

Tell you what.

Grab yourself a bag of carrots and a big bunch of coriander, a bit of celery, maybe a butternut squash and parsnip and make yourself a good batch of lovely homemade soup.
Sprinkle in some cayenne pepper for a winter warming bite.

You'll feel so much better both from the soup and the satisfaction of having made it.

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-11-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That's a bit of a vicious circle TBH. Eat crap food, feel even worse, deprive your body of nutrients etc.

Tell you what.

Grab yourself a bag of carrots and a big bunch of coriander, a bit of celery, maybe a butternut squash and parsnip and make yourself a good batch of lovely homemade soup.
Sprinkle in some cayenne pepper for a winter warming bite.

You'll feel so much better both from the soup and the satisfaction of having made it.

Good idea - thanks.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:53 PM

You will fart like a carthorses if you have too much of that soup!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:02 PM

I have to agree with realist, feed yourself crap and you will feel crap

A pasta meal is so easy peasy, even when you cba

In fact when I’m not well pasta is my turn to meal even a bowl of pasta with a flig of olive oil and a good covering of Parmesan, is not only a hug of the heart, but a lot better then a ready meal

Cook that and before you know it you are adding to it, peppers, mushrooms, bacon, ham , chicken, whatever is in the fridge
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-11-2017, 09:04 PM

I'm going to buy some lentils, coriander, celery, carrots, maybe an onion and parsnip and make some soup for the weekend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top