Join for free
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:37 PM

26k per annum, just to train

....new Teachers.
It's a recruiting incentive
I have just seen this advert on TV

I already knew that, for the first time EVER...more people are leaving the profession than there are people training to become teachers
I worry for the fruture of education, I really do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Re: 26k per annum, just to train

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
....new Teachers.
It's a recruiting incentive
I have just seen this advert on TV

I already knew that, for the first time EVER...more people are leaving the profession than there are people training to become teachers
I worry for the fruture of education, I really do.
Wow! I'd take up that offer right now.

There's no way I'd take a job, though.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wow! I'd take up that offer right now.

There's no way I'd take a job, though.
Couldn't hack it?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Hey thanks for this Rhian just checked it out and sent all the details to my daughter.
She as been a TA for 13 years now and I have always said her school in Bermondsey take the pee out of her. She stands in for teachers and runs the class's and volunteers for various overtime projects just to make ends meet. But because of ever changing headmasters she never gets sent on courses (because money is always tight according to the heads when she ask's) . She as also been working Friday Saturday and Sunday in the science museam in Kensington from 1pm to 6pm as an advisor.So she is doing 7 days a week.She is just realising she as taken on a little to much because of the hours she is putting in. She loves teaching youngsters (Primary )
So I have sent her that info hopefully she will check it out and may benefit from it. (Fingers crossed) Thanks again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:15 AM

Education system would fall apart with out dedicated people like her Longfellow. Marvellous we do still have passionate dedicated people.

Chatting to Gracie's school teachers, she's in a private day school, they clamour to work there because they have complete support of the head, and have very little change in the curriculum in many years, they are helped to teach and don't feel they are fighting a system to bring education to the kids. They say it's how teaching used to be before it became a political football.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:23 AM

T A have been taken advantage of for ages. They have had to take charge of classes and are not qualified to do it, and dont get paid at that rate. If anything went wrong the school would be in deep trouble. She should start training , I think its now a two year course and she would have a head start over others when qualified with her Teaching experience.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Yes I have been telling her that for years Norway but does she listen,does she heckers.
She is also takes the couple of Autistic children that the school have. She takes them from reception to when they are ready to go on to their next school. Its a Church School so its only a small one with about 6 teachers. My moan to her was that the school gets a special allowance/grant for taking special needs kids and they should at least show their apreciation to her by sending her on courses that I almost sure they will be able to claim back any money that they have to pay out for her.

Anyways we shall see.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
She is also takes the couple of Autistic children that the school have. She takes them from reception to when they are ready to go on to their next school. Its a Church School so its only a small one with about 6 teachers. My moan to her was that the school gets a special allowance/grant for taking special needs kids and they should at least show their apreciation to her by sending her on courses that I almost sure they will be able to claim back any money that they have to pay out for her.
In my last class I had one boy who was particularly disruptive. ADHD, the 'experts' said; PPP (piss poor parenting), I maintained.

My classroom assistant, a lovely lady, usually sat with him, her job mainly to attempt to prevent him spoiling things for the other children in his group.

We had regular visitations from various experts of different denominations who, to be perfectly honest, told us nothing that we didn't already know but, of course, appropriate boxes were ticked and those in charge were happy.

I, and my CA, would both have been happier if she could have gone on courses... provided, of course, that they were of practical use.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes I have been telling her that for years Norway but does she listen,does she heckers.

Anyways we shall see.
I dont think the school can send her on a course , she would I think have to apply for teacher training, which of course will be full time, but afterwards if there is then a proper teaching post she can apply for it. Teaching assistant is nice but it doesnt pay the money and no chance of any promotion. With such a small school doubt there is much chance of a Teaching job, but I wonder if they would keep her teaching assistant job open for her, that would be great because she could then whilst doing that job apply for Teaching jobs. Of course these will be away from where she is now !!, but the only way to get on and improve your life.
Its her life though and depends on how much she wants top push herself With her work with Autistic children she may at some point be able to get a special needs position, MORE MONEY

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top