Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 10:50 AM

Do you think itīs always warm or mild in Spain?

We do get horrible weather sometimes.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/02/17/...rno_rsoc=FB_CM
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Re: Do you think itīs always warm or mild in Spain?

This made me smile clumsy as you and I both know from living overseas, that everyone assumes you are always lying on a sundrenched beach, when truth be told you are more cold than they are at the first drop in temeprature.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Well I don't know if the weather has changed in Spain, but when I lived in Madrid it was always freezing cold about 10 months out of the year.Come July and August Madid was a ghost town. Everyone would pack their bags and go to Malaga to the beaches and the warm sun
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:40 AM

I went to Spain this time last year and was cold . Everyone told me it was an exceptionally cold winter .
Having said that it was sunny and bright in the day and warm enough to walk in a T shirt at times.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:30 PM

Warmth and cold are perceptions of the recipient.
Last April I was on the beach in my swimwear, surrounded by conservationists who were trying to save a strange looking whale.
The local people, including ex pats. were wearing coats or fleeces.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Well I don't know if the weather has changed in Spain, but when I lived in Madrid it was always freezing cold about 10 months out of the year.Come July and August Madid was a ghost town. Everyone would pack their bags and go to Malaga to the beaches and the warm sun
My brother has just come back from Madrid he said it was about 12 degrees and he was happy with that compared to the uk.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:35 PM

Good thing about Madrid is, that it very dry, so its easy to take the cold. Whereas in Barcelona, where I also lived, its quite humid. Less cold than in Madrid, but because of the humidity, you feel it more in your bones
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:42 PM

I've been in Malaga when flash floods have washed dead animals through the centre from the hills behind.

No, I don't think it's always nice and sunny/mild but it's a lot better quality of sunny/mild than this hole.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:13 PM

It was very cold last winter Muddy, we thought the wind would never stop blowing. This winter, until the last few days, it has been exceptionally warm and I believe it's been the driest winter for many years too. The flash floods can be horrendous Tpin, even people driving have been washed away. Madrid gets much colder weather than we do eyes, presumably that's why so many people from Madrid own homes here too. You are quite right solo, we do feel it more when it turns cold. This morning I went out wearing a long sleeved tee shirt, a jumper, fleece jacket and boots, the tourists were all walking about in shorts and tee shirts, they must be crazy !
Mind you it has turned warmer now, the sun is warm but that cold wind is still about.

After we had been in Africa for 6 months I returned to England for 3 weeks at the end of March, never have I felt so cold, I was frozen the whole 3 weeks, it rained and sleeted all the time I was there. I flew back to Mombasa and the rainy season had begun. As you no doubt know, it isn't like normal rain, it's as if someone pulled the plug out of a huge reservoir, but it felt wonderful, it was warm water
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-02-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
Warmth and cold are perceptions of the recipient.
Last April I was on the beach in my swimwear, surrounded by conservationists who were trying to save a strange looking whale.
The local people, including ex pats. were wearing coats or fleeces.
We ex pats feel the cold you know, we are out of practice with the British weather

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top