Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 12:44 AM

In the eye of the beholder...

Finding your partner attractive goes beyond physical attributes, am I right? My OH once told me that his last partner got turned on if she caught him doing the dishes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:08 AM

Re: In the eye of the beholder...

Absolutely Annie - For me humour is the attraction, Hubbs makes me laugh everyday, works both ways. We also have a lot in common. Communication is also very important. 'Looks' are way down the list, could not survive a relationship on looks alone. Someone with a great personality - 'is' beautiful, because their character shines through and draws you in....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:35 AM

Maybe it is different for some people but for me physical attributes didn't really play a part, I found I had a kind of magnetism with some men and was drawn towards them. It wouldn't really have mattered to me what they looked like
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:41 AM

For me it is the eyes that sparkle, a beautiful smile and the ability to make me laugh.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:48 AM

My husband and I met on paper before we met in person and had pretty much fallen in love before we even saw pictures of each other. So looks for us didn't matter and we just clicked and if we hadn't married I think we would have been life long friends at least.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:51 AM

Annie - you made a comment on the 'photo project' thread, this saddened me a bit gal - you said, you dont bother as you've no one to impress....
You - are the one Annie to impress. I have a lot to contend with and except for the odd day, I do make the little effort on myself. I wear a little make-up and dress nice. My clothes are inexpensive but everyone comments on them ! Its just a matter of taste and knowing what suits you. If I didn't make the effort, I would go down quickly, once you lose interest in yourself - thats it.
bilbo
West Country
bilbo is male 

15-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Annie - you made a comment on the 'photo project' thread, this saddened me a bit gal - you said, you dont bother as you've no one to impress....
You - are the one Annie to impress. I have a lot to contend with and except for the odd day, I do make the little effort on myself. I wear a little make-up and dress nice. My clothes are inexpensive but everyone comments on them ! Its just a matter of taste and knowing what suits you. If I didn't make the effort, I would go down quickly, once you lose interest in yourself - thats it.
A wise old bird was quoted as saying...Money can buy fashion, but it can't buy style
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! ! Actually its eyes for me & a wicked sense of humour... but then I had that & he turned out to be a liar & unfaithful
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 12:40 PM

That's where marrying someone with Aspergers is useful mine can't tell a lie to save his life, although total honesty can get a little wearing occasionally.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bilbo ->
A wise old bird was quoted as saying...Money can buy fashion, but it can't buy style
You're right gal - seen so many celebs wearing clothes I wouldn't give ya tuppence for - money 'cant' buy style ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top