Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 07:30 PM

Re: Camping!

Glad they had a good time and yes weather makes a huge difference.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Years ago my parents, sister and I would camp, along with 4 other families (one of whom were rellies) who lived in flats in London. I wasn't happy cos I was the eldest by a few years so felt out of it with all the other children. However, we had a cross Lab, Trixie, who adored the camping. When we started loading up the car, guess who was there first, sitting in the front seat???

We'd go to a campsite in Essex not far from home. Lovely for the others who had no gardens.

Nowadays I prefer caravans. I thought camping would be reasonable but apparently it's getting costlier with most sites now charging for each person and other costs on top. My niece and her family of 6 used to go a lot but have since sold all their gear. Tot it all up and it gets quite expensive.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 06:45 PM

My favorite camping memories from when I was a kid is going to Lake Sabrina in the East Sierras above Bishop just below the headwaters of Bishop Creek. We would go out on the lake in a rented aluminum boat really early and catch some rainbows (stockers) go back to camp and have trout fried in bacon grease and eggs for breakfast.

From above the lake, it's at about 8000 ft. +
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 07:21 PM

toured the Scottish highlands in the 1950's when i was about 11 years old...mum dad sister and I...AND OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS....all in one car that only held 5....there were 6 0f us ...i had to sit on somebody's knees....no seatbelts then....pitched our tents in fields...along with lots of other campers I remember at night every one sitting round a camp fire singing ...it was great...I can still smell the bacon and eggs frying in the morning....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top