Join for free
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 11:55 AM

American Girl Doll.

Now I'm not really into dolls, except Sindy & yes,Teddy bears, but I found this one a few weeks ago & thought she is different.
My pal in America has several, but this is the first time I have ever come across one here in England. Has anyone else found them here?

I think she is rather sweet, but I guess she'll be sold on eventually.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Re: American Girl Doll.

Tiffany, My youngest Grandaughter Amelie of eight has Isabelle last years American girl doll which I bought her for Christmas. I think that is the one in your photo. I sent off for it to America and have made lots of clothes for it. They are very fashionable these days and are for eight years and over. Amazon sell them at a dearer price that I paid which was over £100. America have been selling them for a few years now.
UK do the equivalent by the same makers called London Girl Doll. which Amelie's mummy bought for her. She absolutely loves her dolls and play acts with them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 01:00 PM

Got to be honest Tiff it creeps me out, keep expecting the eyes to start glowing.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 01:14 PM

These are the two dolls that I dressed. The one one the left is The American and the one one the right The London Doll
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Now I'm not really into dolls, except Sindy & yes,Teddy bears, but I found this one a few weeks ago & thought she is different.
My pal in America has several, but this is the first time I have ever come across one here in England. Has anyone else found them here?
[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/palval147/media/P10104173.jpg.html]
I think she is rather sweet, but I guess she'll be sold on eventually.
It looks like my Grandaughter

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
Tiffany, My youngest Grandaughter Amelie of eight has Isabelle last years American girl doll which I bought her for Christmas. I think that is the one in your photo. I sent off for it to America and have made lots of clothes for it. They are very fashionable these days and are for eight years and over. Amazon sell them at a dearer price that I paid which was over £100. America have been selling them for a few years now.
UK do the equivalent by the same makers called London Girl Doll. which Amelie's mummy bought for her. She absolutely loves her dolls and play acts with them.
Thank you, Maursey. Glad to know her name.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Got to be honest Tiff it creeps me out, keep expecting the eyes to start glowing.
I know what you mean, most freak me out too, specially the old Armand Marcelle dolls.

Originally Posted by maursey ->
These are the two dolls that I dressed. The one one the left is The American and the one one the right The London Doll
I have seen the American doll look-alikes, they sell them in Trago Mills here in Devon. Pretty dresses.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It looks like my Grandaughter

Photo of your Grandaughter? To compare.
maursey
hertfordshire

26-06-2015, 07:34 PM

SorryI got it wrong but I don't think the photo you sent is Isabelle as it doesn't look like the doll on the left that Amelie is holding.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

26-06-2015, 10:22 PM

No you are right she doesn't. I tried to find her on ebay, no luck.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

26-06-2015, 10:33 PM

I think she is like this one. No name though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/American-G...p2047675.l2557

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top