Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Brixham Devon, Day Trip.

Yesterday we went here for the day, my 3 friends & I, one friend drove us in her car.
The town was full of tourists, but we found a parking space without any problem at the end of the harbour. It's a nice place to visit. Particularly if you like looking at boats, ships & yachts.

The Golden Hind is moored there for tourists to look
over.

Sadly he is not Captain Jack

Pretty gardens along the harbour.

But not much of a beach.

Brixham is a nice place to spend a few hours.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 07:45 PM

Re: Brixham Devon, Day Trip.

I've never been Tiffany, but I do like harbours and spend hours just sitting and watching...
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

28-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Nice photos; Brixham is a great town. I visited Brixham for a weekend in May and had dinner at the haunted 12th century pub, Churston Court, spooky!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 07:58 PM

Really enjoyed looking at your photos ,Thanks for sharing
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 08:04 PM

32 years ago we had our 25th wedding anniversay at Brixham and we loved it.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 08:08 PM

I used to know Brixham well (I had a girlfriend in Paignton in my youth - about 50 years ago now). There was a lovely BBC TV Series about Brixham a few years ago called Fish Town - really interesting.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 08:12 PM

I was there in the mid 90's, a beautiful place, lots of shops and cafes and a lovely little inlet for ships and boats.

Great photo's Tiffany
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 08:18 PM

Tiffany, I love Brixham, we go there every year, and I have all the same photo's as on here.

We sit around the harbour eating a pot of Cockles or Ice cream with clotted cream on top, yummy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 08:24 PM

Many thanks to you all for your replies. I enjoyed taking the photo's & posting them.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:07 PM

Oooooo, as a teenager, I had some lovely holidays in Brixham with my parents and decades later discovered that old friends of the family had moved there. Not been down to Devon for a number of years and these photographs have brought back fond memories .... thank you Tiffany
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top