Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Re: American taste and discretion

animal skins for your shoes is not just an animal by product anymore, its an industry, you obviously haven't seen the disgusting videos from PETA, and other sites about this topic, if your an animal lover I suggest you check PETA.org/Chinese fur, liveleak.com, the Chinese have a big industry on animal skins, lots of undercover reports/videos have come out of these so called farms. Its the most cruelist barbaric industry I have ever seen. check it out before you buy another pair of your leather shoes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 03:33 PM

Thankfully I don't buy them - imitation suits me just fine
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thankfully I don't buy them - imitation suits me just fine

No leather/fur for me either. I've seen enough of the terrible videos shown what is done to poor animals for the sake of someone wanting a pair of leather shoes, bags, belts, etc, and furs.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Derbygal ->
No leather/fur for me either. I've seen enough of the terrible videos shown what is done to poor animals for the sake of someone wanting a pair of leather shoes, bags, belts, etc, and furs.
Ridiculous mentality, no reasoning, no logic
Good for you DG - at least some of us have principals
Derbygal
Idaho USA

25-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ridiculous mentality, no reasoning, no logic
Good for you DG - at least some of us have principals
barbaric I would say to the Chinese and to all who abuse defenseless animals. The only voice animals have is ours.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:11 PM

What a load of hypocritical bullshit !

Groan under the weight of all this self-righteous, feel-good nonsense as you chew on your chicken drumstick, lamb chop, bacon and eggs or prime rump steak !
And of course, no fish and chips. The bloody fish might have had a hook in its gob !

Anybody got a leather belt holding their trousers up ?

And naturally all women check that the makeup they apply has never been tested on animals.

Get real.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:50 PM

Hi

Beef is a by product of the dairy industry, you can't have one without the other.

Leather is also a by product, so I see no problem in using leather shoes.

To kill an animal just because it has a fancy skin however I do have a problem with, seems wrong to kill something you cannot eat just because it looks nice.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:38 PM

Cattle are raised, slaughtered, eaten and their skins used for leather.

Crocodiles are farmed, killed, eaten and their skins used for belts, shoes, handbags etc.

Whassa difference ?
Pumicestone
Australia

26-09-2015, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Beef is a by product of the dairy industry, you can't have one without the other.
Nonsense.
Australia has a huge beef cattle (for meat) export industry.
Nothing whatever to do with dairy.
You might have a tiny problem milking a bull.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:43 PM

I suppose you think elephants murdered for their tusks is acceptable too?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top