Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Re: Who has a blog and what is it about?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So what are you doing on here then Marj?

I honestly dont know why !!!!!!!!!

I notice you only asked me that question and I only agreed with what Grumblewagon posted.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
I'm a serial blogger. The problem is that after about 10.000 views, I find I'm becoming repetitive, so I delete the blog and start another one, a few months later.
Who else has a blog and what is the subject?
I don't have a Blog but I've read a few Blogs in recent years, mainly because a friend with Cancer started one and then someone else I'd come into contact with pointed me towards his granddaughter's Blog but I never really considered doing one myself, until lately.

I'm deaf and I am waiting for a Cochlear Implant so I thought I might do one but I don't really think I'm the type.

To me there seems to be an essence of arrogance and conceit in many of the Blogs I've looked at - a sort of "look how clever I am" self-importance.

An ITN Newsreaders' started mentioning his Blog on the 10 o'clock news and it's getting a bit tedious!

As someone's said, surely this is just a diary but an open-to-all diary?

If it gives you pleasure go ahead; as long as it doesn't offend others, knock yourself out but I noticed that my mate who did a Blog often mentioned how many "followers" he had so I imagine that there's some pleasure to be gained out of knowing people read what you write, or is it a need?

I hope so, for his sake.

The Cancer finally took him in 2010. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I don't have a Blog but I've read a few Blogs in recent years, mainly because a friend with Cancer started one and then someone else I'd come into contact with pointed me towards his granddaughter's Blog but I never really considered doing one myself, until lately.

I'm deaf and I am waiting for a Cochlear Implant so I thought I might do one but I don't really think I'm the type.

To me there seems to be an essence of arrogance and conceit in many of the Blogs I've looked at - a sort of "look how clever I am" self-importance.

An ITN Newsreaders' started mentioning his Blog on the 10 o'clock news and it's getting a bit tedious!

As someone's said, surely this is just a diary but an open-to-all diary?

If it gives you pleasure go ahead; as long as it doesn't offend others, knock yourself out but I noticed that my mate who did a Blog often mentioned how many "followers" he had so I imagine that there's some pleasure to be gained out of knowing people read what you write, or is it a need?

I hope so, for his sake.

The Cancer finally took him in 2010. stevmk2
Steve I think it is different if someone is documenting a specific 'event' from start to finish with information which may be of help to others
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Steve I think it is different if someone is documenting a specific 'event' from start to finish with information which may be of help to others
Yes, I know Meg.

My friend's Blog was a journey really but it got so sad to realise that he knew he was losing his way - still can't forget that and it's over 5 years now.

The granddaughter one turned out better, thankfully, or as far as I know to this date it was.

I've read a few others recently but got bored, quite quickly - just too many I's in it, I did this, I did that, I think so-and-so.

Perhaps I'm just not the type?! stevmk2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I honestly dont know why !!!!!!!!!

I notice you only asked me that question and I only agreed with what Grumblewagon posted.

Sorry Marj, I wasn't singling you out particularly. Blogs take on many different rolls in the great cyber world that is the internet, and Grumblewagon replies to many of the threads and topics that I tend to visit, so I suppose in a way he IS blogging, even though he denies this. Wherever one applies his/her opinion could be considered a blog.

A blog on facebook could be aimed at long lost relatives and friends who have emigrated to far off lands, or a chap who I follow (The Walking Englishman) who walks the length and breadth of Britain, and posts some very interesting and informative accounts together with photographs of his adventures - great for reading on cold winter nights while making plans for next summer.

Whatever hobbies you may have will be covered by a blogger somewhere, a good chance to exchange ideas and perhaps learn something you didn't know.

Or just the humorous blogs, the ones that contain interesting takes on life combined with some fun stuff.

In my opinion Marj (and Grumblewagon) you are not getting the full benefit of the internet if you limit your use to this forum. Expand your horizons and perhaps even do a blog yourself, it doesn't have to be true life........It can be factual or fiction... the web is your oyster.....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 02:56 PM

OldGreyFox, I hope you don't think I limit my internet use to this forum, for that would show just how wrong you could be!

I would draw a distinction between 'Blogging' and engaging in an on-line discussion /sharing opinions on a forum such as this. Sure, I will offer opinions and take part in conversations, but that's hardly blogging - blethering yes, blogging no..
I would regard a 'Blog' it as one person's view/experience - a personal diary or journal relating to a specific events.

Sure, I could write a 'Blog' (horrible term, IMO) about my travels, renovating an old house, keeping pigs etc... but why should I ? I'm not vain enough to think that many people would be interested. Sounds like posting a 'Selfie' (which I never do).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Sounds like posting a 'Selfie' (which I never do).
If I'm not mistaken Grumblewagon, wasn't your previous avatar a photo of a handsome bearded gentleman.......could it by any chance have been a SELFIE?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 10:58 PM

What's a blog and where do you find them?
I don't know if I have one, are they catching?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-11-2015, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Be careful Tess, they are addictive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

I think they're quite common from what I understand Tess.
A lot of 'celebrities ' own one I believe. Don't know where you get them from, you could try Amazon pehaps?
They seem to appear and disappear at will though, funny things.
Don't think I'd want one.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top