Join for free
Page 45 of 1676 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 545 1045 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

You mentioned complaining on your list of words earlier on RJ, it got me thinking why well people complain so much, especially in these Isles.
I think complaining varies with age, the younger ones focus their complaints on things not changing quick enough and the older ones complain about things changing too quickly. The inbetweeners complain about getting old, wrinkles, weight, going bald, grey hair and the cost of living. All these complaints are completely natural and if folks stopped complaining everything would come to a stand still, no more new inventions, no more long life food, no more slimming remedies, politicians running wild with themselves because nobody is complaining, they would have to close their clinics, solicitors shutting up shop because no one wants to take anyone to court anymore, everyone is assumed to be happy once they don’t complain, an accident victim smiling while lying under a bus with his leg hanging off and telling the ambulance men “Please don’t bother chaps, I’m OK, I still got one leg left” Didn’t Moses complain when God appeared to him in a Bush, he wanted to see him in a Samsung 55” widescreen.
Complaining and worry are bedfellows and go hand in hand, you can never stop people worrying or complaining, the World revolves on complaints.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 07:04 PM

you've a point there Jem. The Irish,Welsh and Scots have always had much to complain about having been pilloried by the Brits for so long - still with UK ready to tear apart there should be much rejoicing and no more complaining - I wonder.

and then you mentioned the Israelites and God - dangerous ground there laddie but lets venture. As I recall the Israelites were continuously complaining to Moses and the High Priests about this monotheastic God who insisted they must walk around in the desert with their herds for many years. I couldn't think of a my relaxing occupation. Lamb on the spit every night with the occasional goat thrown in and just strike a rock and get water - effin hell sounds like effin paradise!

Now Palestine is a different story - rubble everywhere - lot to complain over there but some say self-inflicted? Have we another discussion perhaps here?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Jem mentioned MOSES.
You may have seen this posted by me before. Today I have updated it to stress the role of COMPLAINTS in all this

The Bible on one page.

THE BEGINNING
Building plans for Earth approved & work completed in just 6 days.
Time share guests arrive and abuse hospitality
Fig leaves create fashion sensation
Storms lash newly fashioned world
Zoo Cruise makes news.
Multi coloured coat owner sold by brothers but becomes king of Egypt
Four hundred years pass before offspring COMPLAIN
“Let my people go”
Moses leads people across the parted Red Sea.
People COMPLAIN about mud, spend forty years on a big beach.
SAMPSON gets grade one haircut. “ Why oh why Delilah”
Shepherd boy slays big bully & says “I’m a poet really”
Jeremiah & Job COMPLAIN sharing tales of woe, Off to Babylon the people go.
Daniel braves furnace, has visions & dreams of a new Jerusalem, no jam.
People return to build big temple. Temple sacked.
Judas Maccabeus becomes ruling conqueror
Romans compulsory purchase of Jerusalem.
First census, Jesus the baby king born in pub stables.
Jesus aged 12 visits temple and takes note of elders,
elders note Jesus
Aged 30, Jesus proclaims his role after desert temptation, turns water into wine & other miracles.
Jesus has palaver in temple & overturns tables
People upset Sadducees, Pharisees COMPLAIN & turn tables on Jesus
Jesus executed
Jesus , after 3 days lives again. He appears 10 times to family & friends .
His followers by Paul, the first known Damascus rd experience
Paul goes walkabout, establishes churches all over the place.
Writes a lot in prison
John writes Revelation
THE END

© RJ
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior 2 ->
Jem mentioned MOSES.
You may have seen this posted by me before. Today I have updated it to stress the role of COMPLAINTS in all this

The Bible on one page.

THE BEGINNING
Building plans for Earth approved & work completed in just 6 days.
Time share guests arrive and abuse hospitality
Fig leaves create fashion sensation
Storms lash newly fashioned world
Zoo Cruise makes news.
Multi coloured coat owner sold by brothers but becomes king of Egypt
Four hundred years pass before offspring COMPLAIN
“Let my people go”
Moses leads people across the parted Red Sea.
People COMPLAIN about mud, spend forty years on a big beach.
SAMPSON gets grade one haircut. “ Why oh why Delilah”
Shepherd boy slays big bully & says “I’m a poet really”
Jeremiah & Job COMPLAIN sharing tales of woe, Off to Babylon the people go.
Daniel braves furnace, has visions & dreams of a new Jerusalem, no jam.
People return to build big temple. Temple sacked.
Judas Maccabeus becomes ruling conqueror
Romans compulsory purchase of Jerusalem.
First census, Jesus the baby king born in pub stables.
Jesus aged 12 visits temple and takes note of elders,
elders note Jesus
Aged 30, Jesus proclaims his role after desert temptation, turns water into wine & other miracles.
Jesus has palaver in temple & overturns tables
People upset Sadducees, Pharisees COMPLAIN & turn tables on Jesus
Jesus executed
Jesus , after 3 days lives again. He appears 10 times to family & friends .
His followers by Paul, the first known Damascus rd experience
Paul goes walkabout, establishes churches all over the place.
Writes a lot in prison
John writes Revelation
THE END

© RJ
sounds like a draft script for a good forthcoming film - Alpha and Omega perhaps?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 12:46 PM

Excellent RJ, don’t remember you posting that before.

Paradise indeed Gumbud, being a goldsmith all my life I always wondered where they got all the gold to make that huge golden calf they were worshipping when he came down from the mountain, weren’t they supposed to be slaves escaping Egypt? well paid slaves perhaps, not like us slaves today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-06-2016, 01:00 PM

I like complaining.

All this hype about HD TV is a load of codswallop, a good signal from digital satellite TV is just as good and very hard to tell the difference, indeed the cable companies charge you more for HD but there are quite a few for free on satellite.
The thing I don’t like about it and it shows up in all the older colour films is the makeup on the actors, so obvious on the men in the closeups, I find it very distracting when the screen is over clear and vivid, so fakey Hollywood style, I mean looking at the film ‘King of Kings’ and you have a patrol of Roman soldiers in spotless uniforms and polished sandals coming to arrest Christ, not a speck of dirt on them after marching through the dusty shit invested streets. Another thing, I was watching Arnold what’s his name ( I’ll be back) in an action film the other night and there was Arnie in full battle dress standing there with red lipstick on his mouth and his mug plastered in Panstick, you could see the tips of beard bristles through the makeup, he looked like Desperate Dan’s Sister. And then the bloodshot eyes on some actors are a bit much to take with your supper. The dyed hair jobs are something else too, completely unnatural, and why do they assume that all men start to go grey only at the temples? the only bit of my hair that’s not grey is the temples, they always leave a bit of snow at the side to let you knew he’s no spring chicken, they must think we’re all eejits.
God I love complaining, one of the bonus’s of being old, it’s sort of expected of you anyway.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 04:32 PM

I had hair that was REALLY black...I'm talking Stygian black,here.
BUT...by age 27,I had the full 925ct Silver Barnet.
Thassit...no 'gradual',no 'slowly turning grey'...no,not for poor ol' Puggy.
Just,within three months,shiny black became shiny silver. I know WHAT caused it...but allasame,having the piss taken by your old schoolmates who DIDN'T 'go military' plus the constant assumptions that I was 40+,did get on my chesticles just a bit. BUT..[and there IS a 'but']..now,at the age of 762 [give or take a decade]..I'm constantly told I look mid-40's tops.
Plus,I still have a full barnet. So,meh. At least I don't get a sunburned head...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-06-2016, 10:02 PM

At least I don't get a sunburned head...
that wouldn't have anything to do with it raining at wimbledon would it?????
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-06-2016, 10:20 PM

Anyone for Tennis?, didn't Sue Barker used to say that in a TV ad many years ago, wasn't she supposed to be doing a steady line with Cliff Richard years ago, wonder what happened there.

Yes Pug I can understand you’d get a bit of slagging when your hair suddenly changes colour, a fella I worked with went the same way, jet black hair suddenly went silver, he was only 22, I thought it looked great on his young head and was thinking of dying mine the same colour but Philistine wouldn’t hear tell of it.
Another young mate of mine had a fine head of red hair and went bald over the space of a few weeks, he worked in a fashionable fur shop in town, they used to treat or cure, whatever the procedure is called, their own furs, he reckoned he caught something from the fur, the poor chap used to wear a red wig all the time and in Summer the sweat would pour out of him, he was a real nice lad and the whole thing made him very withdrawn, he never went out socially or got married and lived all his life in the family home until he died in 2003.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:34 PM

Forewarned is Forearmed, you just need to recognise the warning.

Page 45 of 1676 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 545 1045 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top