Join for free
Page 546 of 1676 « First < 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 1046 1546 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
oh,dear,RJ ... SORRREEEE!
Pug, you have misunderstood me

I was defending you
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 02:09 AM

OH!

Ahh...errm...I say,old chap,I do SO apologise!
I was proffering unworthy rectificatonal plauditory apologies for my somewhat overly-prone abilities to evoke incandescent exposulations....I'm somewhat unused to discovering affiliative personas,mon brave! oops...

...but,THANK you! Having a defensive guardian is somewhat discombobulative to me,RJ. So do please excuse my non-realisation,old bean...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Confucius he say

"Never complain, never explain"

I would add

"Never again"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Confucius he say

I would add

"Never again"
I agree.
No idea what I am agreeing to, as I have got lost in words.
But I agree anyway.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Confucius he say

I would add

"Never again"
he also said "try to refrain" or did he say "with a sweet refrain"?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
he also said "try to refrain" or did he way "with a sweet refrain"?
Someone mention Sweet?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Someone mention Sweet?
NO just lookin for a meat pie actually?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-03-2018, 10:28 PM

PS: ditch your russians friends - they've become a liability?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Ah refrain, I often think of home dee-ol-ee-ay, when I am all alone with Carole Grey.
The old refrain, an old sweet song always requested from old one leg Willie on a Saturday night in Mick's Bar, he had his own words of course, God bless ya Mick.

At the present I am refraining from having sugar in my coffee as a lent offering for my sins, a small sacrifice to pay for all the enjoyment I got from the sins.

I’m thinking now of those old News of the World investigative reporters, always when investigating brothels and prostitutes, and just when it comes to the nitty gritty bit, they make their excuses and leave. who are they kidding? you can’t put the pin back into the hand grenade.

A horticultural friend of mine invented a new type of vegetable, he was also a great man for quoting John Keats, anyway he had managed to cultivate this new creation by splicing a cauliflower and a melon, he was delighted with himself and even recited a poem in the local about it, forget how it went but I do remember the name of the poem, it was called “Ode to Melancholy”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-03-2018, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah refrain, I often think of home dee-ol-ee-ay, when I am all alone with Carole Grey.
The old refrain, an old sweet song always requested from old one leg Willie on a Saturday night in Mick's Bar, he had his own words of course, God bless ya Mick.

At the present I am refraining from having sugar in my coffee as a lent offering for my sins, a small sacrifice to pay for all the enjoyment I got from the sins.

I’m thinking now of those old News of the World investigative reporters, always when investigating brothels and prostitutes, and just when it comes to the nitty gritty bit, they make their excuses and leave. who are they kidding? you can’t put the pin back into the hand grenade.

A horticultural friend of mine invented a new type of vegetable, he was also a great man for quoting John Keats, anyway he had managed to cultivate this new creation by splicing a cauliflower and a melon, he was delighted with himself and even recited a poem in the local about it, forget how it went but I do remember the name of the poem, it was called “Ode to Melancholy”
well to be sure to be sure if that isn't the most delightful smorgasbord I've seen in many a long year - incidentally smorg =butter
gas = goose or lump of butter
bord = table

so a lump of butter on the table suddenly becomes = a type of Scandinavian meal, originating in Sweden, served buffet-style with multiple hot and cold dishes of various foods on a table. well as I was saying at the start to be sure to be sure and to be sure - although I've never come across one with a meloncholy on it??

I've actually have sat next to a swede at a smorgasbord table and I do believe there were melons too oh and sweetie pies of course or mince pies although I have always been puzzled about the lack of mince? but I must confess Jem old dear I would never sit next to a tart - of course!

spittie any thoughts or lexicons or word salads perhaps??

sarcasm will do!!

Page 546 of 1676 « First < 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 1046 1546 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top