Join for free
Page 27 of 72 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 07:37 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by summer ->
It goes right past my house on Sunday so I will have a front row seat. one of my friends is doing pie and peas... will be fun
Hope you've got the bunting up Summer!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 08:27 PM

It goes right past my house on Sunday so I will have a front row seat. one of my friends is doing pie and peas... will be fun
I don't think the riders will be able to eat mushy peas while the're riding Summer, should be alright with the pie though.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 08:44 AM

Ha! I think you are right OGF, I just found some flags to wave left over from Tour de France, we had great fun then too. Kids are going into Harrogate later, I was there yesterday they put up a stage on the stray, bunting etc. Will be fun but I'll give it a miss it will be heaving.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 09:50 AM

Ha! I think you are right OGF, I just found some flags to wave left over from Tour de France, we had great fun then too. Kids are going into Harrogate later, I was there yesterday they put up a stage on the stray, bunting etc. Will be fun but I'll give it a miss it will be heaving.
I'm so glad they've had a good turnout, we went to Ripon to catch the tour-de-france, sat waiting at the side of the road for over two hours and it was over in an instant. I'll watch it on telly this year, I tend to seek out and enjoy the places where people are scarce.....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 12:03 PM

There were lots of activities in Brid for the start of le Tour, it was good to see all the photos and it did look fun but as they were passing the end of my road we chose to see it there. Parking in town would have been more hopeless than usual too!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 07:14 PM

Hello to you Yorkshire folk

Thank goodness the cycle race was this weekend and not next weekend when I'm going to Scarborough from Friday to Monday. I'm going by train from Manchester but have plans to be out and about by bus to visit Staithes, Runswick Bay and Saltburn-by-the-Sea.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Hey, I must dig out my Status Quo scarf!
I'll put on my Guns n Roses t shirt on
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Anyone catch today's final stage on TV? (ITV4). Very good coverage of the event and the weather pretty much behaved itself - a bit overcast but at least it didn't rain and the beauty that is the Yorkshire countryside was still in eveidence.

The circuit took it quite near to where I live but as is my wont on a Sunday I preferred to watch the race while slobbed on the sofa in my dressing gown. It seems strange watching the race when you recognise everywhere on the route as I've travelled those roads myself on many occasions (in the comfort of a van I might add). Some of those roads are extremely steep and difficult enough to get up in a motor so well done the cyclists - they're far better than I can ever be.

The event was one by Belgian Serge Pauwels (not French thank goodness ) . Speaking of the French, one of their countrymen Nacer Bouhanni, yesterday's stage winner, was knocked unconscious after a nasty accident. Fortunately he regained consciousness in the back of the ambulance taking him to hospital.

A bit of coverage here for you... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39765511
Val J
East Yorkshire

30-04-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hello to you Yorkshire folk

Thank goodness the cycle race was this weekend and not next weekend when I'm going to Scarborough from Friday to Monday. I'm going by train from Manchester but have plans to be out and about by bus to visit Staithes, Runswick Bay and Saltburn-by-the-Sea.
You'll be doing a fair amount of travelling then Myrtle, Staithes is beautiful, I'm not sure I've ever been to Runswick Bay or Saltburn but hope the weather is kind to you and that you have a lovely time. It's been a lovely sunny day today here on the East Yorks coast but a cold breeze.
Val J
East Yorkshire

30-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Anyone catch today's final stage on TV? (ITV4). Very good coverage of the event and the weather pretty much behaved itself - a bit overcast but at least it didn't rain and the beauty that is the Yorkshire countryside was still in eveidence.

The circuit took it quite near to where I live but as is my wont on a Sunday I preferred to watch the race while slobbed on the sofa in my dressing gown. It seems strange watching the race when you recognise everywhere on the route as I've travelled those roads myself on many occasions (in the comfort of a van I might add). Some of those roads are extremely steep and difficult enough to get up in a motor so well done the cyclists - they're far better than I can ever be.

The event was one by Belgian Serge Pauwels (not French thank goodness ) . Speaking of the French, one of their countrymen Nacer Bouhanni, yesterday's stage winner, was knocked unconscious after a nasty accident. Fortunately he regained consciousness in the back of the ambulance taking him to hospital.

A bit of coverage here for you... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39765511
I've not actually been following the race Judd but was happy to see them off on their journey. I don't know how many miles they covered in total but I believe the first day they cycled around 100, with lots of steep hills including Garrowby and Robin Hood's Bay. I guess in this kind of sport there will be the inevitable mishaps, do hope the injured recover quickly.

I would imagine the coverage of the event must attract a lot of tourists to our beautiful county.

Page 27 of 72 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top