Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Re: What hobbies do you have?

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I love showing my dogs, nothing better than taking the caravan to a show and spending the week with all the other mad dog owners.

I am also involved with genealogy which can be quite time consuming and addictive.
Me too and Calismum, who is on holiday atm. It is addictive isn't it? But I've tried to leave it to one side for the summer (!!!)
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 04:07 PM

Angieh, I am taking two friends to the records office in Winchester on Monday, I see you are also in Hampshire, its a good hobby as you can pick it up at anytime and carry on, its so much easier now that a lot of it is on line.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Yes, I have done all my research online and via Ancestry.com My husband is also interested, but we are both home only researchers at present as we look after his elderly mother with dementia. We can't both leave the house at the same time! Maybe one day though .........

Can I ask how you keep your records? Paper, spreadsheets or do you have a dedicated software package? I am thinking of buying Family Historian atm.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 07:55 PM

I have family tree maker (it's a bit out of date now but it works) but I keep loads of paper records as well, I have folders for all sorts, Persons sheet where I record everything about each individual person including any addresses, dates parents, spouses, children, where born married buried etc, census records, BMD certificates, I also like to find out about where they lived it brings it all to life so I have a places folder too!

I have quite a few photos too, a good tip is to have any older relatives write on the back of their photos who the people in them actually are!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 11:14 PM

I belong to the Fenland Mountain Rescue Team.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I belong to the Fenland Mountain Rescue Team.
... what is the highest mountain in the Fens Victors Mate
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 09:30 AM

There's nowt higher than the local town hall steps and that's where we practice.
Got a lot of high kerbs though. Treacherous bu**ers they are always catching out the unwary.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
There's nowt higher than the local town hall steps and that's where we practice.
Got a lot of high kerbs though. Treacherous bu**ers they are always catching out the unwary.
Hi VM I though you had a number of windmills in your area, perhaps you could throw a rope into the grain loft of one of these and practice there
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth

22-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Can't do that we have a wannabe Don Quixote who has claimed sole right to the use of windmills.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Not being totally serious here then? Fair do's

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top