Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Christmas Done and Gone.

Christmas, done and gone. Cards in recycling bin and the usual unwanted "smelly" gifts in a bag looking for a new home.

I just wish people would not give them to me, expensive sets of bath stuff, soaps creams etc., which I cannot use. Plus, I haven't had a bath for over two years, just shower with unscented stuff. Any suggestions what I can do with the unwanted gifts?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:01 AM

Re: Christmas Done and Gone.

Charity shop Cee Cee, im sure they would go quickly. Hope you got some presents you can use.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Christmas, done and gone. Cards in recycling bin and the usual unwanted "smelly" gifts in a bag looking for a new home.

I just wish people would not give them to me, expensive sets of bath stuff, soaps creams etc., which I cannot use. Plus, I haven't had a bath for over two years, just shower with unscented stuff. Any suggestions what I can do with the unwanted gifts?
Give them as gifts to others throughout the year.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Give them as gifts to others throughout the year.
Cant do that as they are in Christmas type boxes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Cant do that as they are in Christmas type boxes.
Give them away next Christmas, but make sure you don't send them back to the same people!
CeeCee
UK

01-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Charity shop Cee Cee, im sure they would go quickly. Hope you got some presents you can use.
Yes Nom, twelve jigsaw puzzles and several books, so they will keep me occupied for months to come.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:55 PM

The usual thing isn't it ? Duplicate of everything you would rather not have. So ungrateful many might say but after a certain age, gifts are reduced to soaps, talc, the regular ornament, or smelly candles .

Charity shops take anything, just put them in a bag and drop them off.

Do men have the same problem I wonder. Beard kits, and hankies ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:56 PM

Either charity shops or food banks, some people never get lovely smelly stuff the food banks give it out to them and they love it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The usual thing isn't it ? Duplicate of everything you would rather not have. So ungrateful many might say but after a certain age, gifts are reduced to soaps, talc, the regular ornament, or smelly candles .

Charity shops take anything, just put them in a bag and drop them off.

Do men have the same problem I wonder. Beard kits, and hankies ?
When my husband had a beard for 20 years every year someone gave him razors or after shave
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

That's what I do too, Nom, usually the Sally Army.

I also took a bag of groceries I had won to the Homesless shelter near me.

Otherwise, sometimes I have given them as raffle prizes at various meetings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top