Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:05 PM

strange request while working for BT.

Don't know why I was thinking about it, maybe because of wallpaper talk on the sister site.

Anyway while working for British Telecom I had an extn telephone job in a house on my work sheet.

So I turned up at the house and asked where she wanted the phone.

Well she wanted a phone on the wall which was abnormally long for a house, nothing strange in that you may think? wrong

What she wanted was the phone on a wall half way down the hall and that is where the problem started. The floor was wood with no skirting board, no chance of along a picture rail as there wasn't one just bare to the ceiling. To make things even worse the wall had flock wallpaper on it.

So I asked what she wanted done, now believe it or not but true , she wanted me to make a cut in the flock wallpaper to the end of the hall . Then she said I could dig out the plaster along behind the cut and run the telephone cable in the dug out plaster. Finally she said i could restick the flock wallpaper and the cable would not show.

Of course I did all this, like hell I did, so she went and lodged a complaint to my boss

So he went to have a look and suggested she arranged for a conduit to be inserted in the wall and had it re-papered. needless to say I didn't get a bo**icking" and the job was cancelled by my boss.

It just goes to show what some people expect , the impossible

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top