Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:33 PM

Famous Sayings.

I was just watching something on the Tv about Winston Churhhill,
and he enjoyed painting, although at the time he was never famous for it.
But he had a famous saying about why he kept doing it ........
"Keep going from failure to failure, without letting it get you down".

When i was young these 'thoughts for the day' were always on the bottom of the tearaway page of the calender, i don't suppose they have them now, but all over the Internet they have inspiration thoughts now.
Is there one which inspires you ?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:41 PM

Re: Famous Sayings.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.'

Eleanor Roosevelt
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 02:03 AM

'Famous sayings' or 'Thought of the Day' ?

My Thought of the Day, which I will continue to think about for a loooooong time.

The moon, the sun and the earth are the perfect size. If they were any different in size and distance from each other, we wouldn't have total solar or lunar eclipses.

The moon is the perfect size and distance from the earth to exert gravitational pull that controls the tides. The earth is the perfect distance from the sun to support water and therefore life. Nearer the sun it would be too hot, further away it would be too cold.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 02:05 AM

Favourite , Famous saying :

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Oooh I really like that one
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:24 AM

'Famous sayings' or 'Thought of the Day' ?

My Thought of the Day, which I will continue to think about for a loooooong time.

The moon, the sun and the earth are the perfect size. If they were any different in size and distance from each other, we wouldn't have total solar or lunar eclipses.

The moon is the perfect size and distance from the earth to exert gravitational pull that controls the tides. The earth is the perfect distance from the sun to support water and therefore life. Nearer the sun it would be too hot, further away it would be too cold.
That is a very interesting concept to ponder on PD, thank you!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:29 AM

~Chief Seattle
A very profound observation from a very wise man.

I have great respect for the native tribes. Thank you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:33 AM

I have a few 'inspirational phrases' of my own creation.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:45 AM

" Whatever happens to the earth happens to the sons of the earth"
Chief Seattle.

A chilling warning from 1854.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 02:56 PM

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

Bill Watterson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top