Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Re: Not going well for Trade deals.

Even Commonwealth countries are not tripping over themselves to sign up to a trade deal!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8292091.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
There you go again blaming all our woes on Brexit.

Grass in between paving slabs and Police numbers are a product of Gov't austerity measures . Nothing to do with Brexit.

Banks are NOT going to Frankfurt they are opening small offices there in order to circumvent the protectionist policies of the EU.

The pre -eminence of London as a financial and services superpower can not be replicated over night elsewhere nor will it be.

Buy to let dominance in the housing market is a result of mass immigration and a lack of investment in social housing by UK Gov'ts over the past 30 years.

As for the cannabis smoke.......you should try some and chill out!.....but the reality is that due to mass immigration and the lack of opportunity that creates for British people, we have a generation and an underclass of poorly trained, badly prepared and low paid workers that smoke more weed as an escape from their drudgery.....

That's life in the EU for you!

Thanks for saying the sort of things I would have done.

I'm afraid that I just can't be bothered to discuss matters with some people who have the inability to understand facts and can only bleat about having lost the Brexit referendum!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
You won't know if you're buying it or not when the US make stopping labelling food with country of origin a condition of a deal. It will also find it's way into processed food, stock cubes, soups , sauces etc , be served in restaurants and take aways. Even if you stopped eating chicken altogether, there would be a lowering of standards in other areas to get a US trade deal.

The safest way will be to buy only foods from the EU, where higher standards are maintained, it may cost more, but worth it. Will that be New Zealand lamb killed by Halal slaughter? Almost all of it is.
Sorry to upset your apple cart, but I don't eat chicken.

I do accept, though, that in a couple of years from now the sky will fall down!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:54 AM

The safest way will be to buy only foods from the EU, where higher standards are maintained, it may cost more, but worth it. Will that be New Zealand lamb killed by Halal slaughter? Almost all of it is.
Do you just make this drivel up?

Only 26% of red meat exported from NZ is halal certified according to the New Zealand Meat Industry Association. Most of that meat goes to majority Muslim countries.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-04-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I believe that is, in fact, her M.O.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:07 AM

Hi

There are a finite number of Trade Negotiators in the World.

India is no different to any other Country in that respect.

They are seeking to restart negotiations with the EU and others which have faltered, such as the Gulf States.

It is in their best interests to finalise these first before progressing onto the UK.

There is nothing sinister in this.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Only 26% of red meat exported from NZ is halal certified according to the New Zealand Meat Industry Association. Most of that meat goes to majority Muslim countries.
That's rather a misleading statement from MIA. All New Zealand slaughter houses have Halal facilities and most lamb is slaughtered that way. However, they only certify and label meat as Halal if the countries they are exporting it to requires it as a compulsory market access condition. Therefore, only 26% of their exports are certified Halal but a lot more, if not all, is produced that way.

Middle eastern countries probably account for most of the 26% they say they certify. The UK doesn't require labelling and certification, so Halal meat sold to us won't be included in the 26% and the last estimate was that 70% of New Zealand lamb sold in UK supermarkets was Halal.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...snt-label.html
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry to upset your apple cart, but I don't eat chicken.

I do accept, though, that in a couple of years from now the sky will fall down!
Oh dear, it would take more than your trite, silly comments to upset my apple cart, (only EU apples on board).

How is whether you personally eat chicken relevant to the UK being forced to import unlabelled, chlorinated chicken post Brexit?

Typical shallow, egocentric Brexiter thinking and poor attempt at wit. These issues are about everyone, not just you.

The sky may not fall down, (although lower standards on air pollution post Brexit may make a bigger hole in it) but many people living in post Brexit misery and poverty will probably wish it would.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are a finite number of Trade Negotiators in the World.

India is no different to any other Country in that respect.

They are seeking to restart negotiations with the EU and others which have faltered, such as the Gulf States.

It is in their best interests to finalise these first before progressing onto the UK.

There is nothing sinister in this.

I never suggested it was, merely that a Trade deal with the UK is a long way down their list of priorities.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-04-2018, 05:57 PM

Oh dear, it would take more than your trite, silly comments to upset my apple cart, (only EU apples on board).

How is whether you personally eat chicken relevant to the UK being forced to import unlabelled, chlorinated chicken post Brexit?

Typical shallow, egocentric Brexiter thinking and poor attempt at wit. These issues are about everyone, not just you.

The sky may not fall down, (although lower standards on air pollution post Brexit may make a bigger hole in it) but many people living in post Brexit misery and poverty will probably wish it would.
What? You mean to tell me that the sky will not fall down after all you've said?

I do wish you'd make your mind up.

Damn! I've done it again. I said I wouldn't bother to interact with you and your sort.

Still, I'm at a bit of a loose end at the moment.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top